The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

True American

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 05:12 PM

I don't feel I blamed Muslims for terrorism and solely Muslims, I think they are more in our face with their daily acts of terrorism at this point in time. The media and Bush keep us all reminded on a daily basses that we need to be in fear to feed their agenda. But I don't fear my Christian neighbor to approach me tomorrow with a smile on their face and then blow me up in a crowd. Call me naive but that’s something that usually doesn’t cross my mind on a daily basses.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Banned

I'm not actually afraid of anything. Basically I consider myself to be the truest of all American because I live and believe in the fundamentals this country was established to eventually become. Everyone is equal regardless of your religion, sex, race, color, sexual preference or whatever. To me that is a true American. You can be a true American whether you're Atheist, Christian, Muslim, Satanic, or worship a rock named Steve for all I care. I have always been a firm believer in the separation of church and state. Peoples religion shouldn't play a roll in laws and decisions that affect my daily life. Just because your god doesn't like someones personal choice like homosexuality or abortion doesn't mean we should make laws against it or make special exception to the law to keep those groups from doing so. The reason I say I have more to fear of a Christian than a Muslim is because of statics. I honestly believe I have more to fear of a Christian than a Muslim. If you look at who is committing violent crimes here in America I bet for damn sure the good majority are Christian and not Muslims. I have not one racist bone in my body so I don't fear or discriminate Muslims because of the actions of a small group of nut jobs and I do likewise for Christians. It's just a fact that here in America you have more of a chance of encountering a Christian nut job rather than a Muslim one.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
IMO I have more to fear of American nut jobs like Timothy McVeigh and right wing Christian groups than I do of Osama bin Laden and extremest Muslims.
Really? How about those ballbags in London and Scotland last month? What Christian Church were they affiliated with? How about the bombers in Spain or London a few years ago? Catholics or Protestant? The Taliban who is expected to execute those 23 South Koreans? Are they Baptists or Methodist?

Khobar Towers?

USS Cole?

Marine Barracks in Lebanon?

9/11?

First World Trade Center bombing?

Bali?

How about on a daily basis in Iraq?

In case anyone is not familiar with the dates of some of these happenings, we have been in an undeclared war with these extremists for quite some time. This just didn't happen because of the war in Iraq. Of course because the sun didn't come out today and it was cloudy it must be George Bush's fault. Doesn't everyone know that the minute that we withdraw from Iraq that everything will be swell? Hillary or Obama will make everything a-ok

Spend some time in the sandbox...see up close and personal how these people operate...in case you didn't realize, these jamooks don't stop to ask if you are a left wing pansy or a right wing azz clown...you are an American and in their eyes a dead American is all that matters.

Fear mongering? Some may call it that.

Reality? Get used to it

Goose

PS I understand this may be getting off track on what you meant by fear of....I'm just interjecting I guess
Old 07-22-2007, 05:45 PM

Well I can't argue that. But I do think most laws were written with a strong Christian influence. So how do you separate the two when church and state go hand in hand in this case?
Old 07-22-2007, 05:57 PM

Here's a little history refresher course for us "native" Americans.

Scroll down to North America, unless you want a little fuller history of "Christian" values towards others through history.

No one should speak of the atrocites of another culture/race/religion unless they know their own history.

LINK
Old 07-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Banned

It's easy to change words and remove gods. The Catholic church has been doing a good job with that for centuries. I just personally found the first post kind of offensive because religion shouldn't play a roll in your status as a "true American". Does that mean all of the Jewish, Satanic, Atheist, or whatever religion people who were in the military that fought and died for our country aren't "true Americans"?
Old 07-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Goose
PS I understand this may be getting off track on what you meant by fear of....I'm just interjecting I guess
Terrorism is terrorism. It has always been there and always will. Whether the cause be religious, political, or a dog was telling a person to blow stuff up. I don't hate or fear one group in particular because of terrorism. At the same time I'm not afraid of it. If you want to talk international Christian terrorism lets not even get started on Ireland. How long have their people been killing each other and others in the name of Christ?
Old 07-22-2007, 07:26 PM

CH I understand what you're saying, and I think I understand why you feel the way you do, however where you lose me is thinking Christianity is a bigger threat than Islamic terror. Personally I am not a religious person, but I have no problem with those who are. I married a Catholic, and her family is very religious. I don't consider myself an atheist because I don't protest religion. I consider myself agnostic, or I can't explain how we got here, I'm not sure it was one person, but life by chance doesn't make much sense either. Back on topic, I don't see any threats by Christians around here, quite the opposite. However I do see threats everyday from Islamic extremists. I'm not scared of another attack, because once you go down that road, they have won. I do feel there will be an attack on America again, and that attack won't come from Christians, IMO. Timothy McVeigh has been mentioned, but I believe OKC was in retaliation for the incident in Waco, not a random act of domestic terror.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Banned

It's a shear numbers and history thing. There are way more Christians especially here in America than there are Muslims and Muslims aren't the majority F'ing things up over here. Look back through our American history and see how much wrong was caused by Muslims compared to Christians. When you look through history at all religions Christianity while fundamentally being a good has caused more evil at the wrong hands through out the world than any other religion. I hate that Christian dogma and rule is written through out our laws and vows here in America. I hate that Christianity still plays a major roll in our political system. We should strike all traces of any religion from our political system. Politicians are afraid of the power that Christians have here. They can't even try to do things that they feel are right for fear of losing the Christian vote. Mind you I'm not saying every Christian is evil because most of America is Christian including most of my family and friends. But of all the religions Christianity has by far been the biggest burden on the history of this planet. I look at it from a non partial perspective not blinded by my religion or prejudices.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by ng8650
Alright folks get your popcorn cause this one is getting good! Oh and hurry up and keep posting before this one gets

Ng

Now thats one opinion I can agree with, loving it all but Heck! I am running out of Beer, Dang it all and just when it was really getting intresting

Quick Reply: True American