The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

True American

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Banned

I know my opinion my be out of the norm but at least it gives people a different perspective on how some people view religion, Christianity, terrorism, and America. Any religion can be a good thing if interpreted properly and not taken overboard. It just happens to be that Christianity has the most impact on us here in America. There are whack jobs on all sides of most religions. Americans are way more destructive to our own culture, land, people, economic system, and ways of life than any foreign threat. And yes I do my part.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Founding Member

... and yes, I've been watchin' this one!
Old 07-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SindyDix
... and yes, I've been watchin' this one!
Don't worry.......I won't post any dog fights in this one. Sorry! I actually think this is one of the best debates we've had in a while.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:33 PM

<---- Gun Toting conservative...

Religion is much like tequila, best taken in moderation and with a grain of salt.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fantomfreke
Religion is much like tequila, best taken in moderation and with a grain of salt.
That I can agree with except I like my tequila straight and sometimes don't know my limit.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:42 PM

I hate to disagree with Cap , but.....

History has seen many terrible acts done in the name of God and they have been done by many differents religions . They were terrible, but there is nothing we can do about but try to not let them happen again. Today there are zealots of every religion who are twisting there religion for there own causes . BY FAR , the most dangerous is the muslim fanatics who are calling for the destruction of the U.S. ,England ,Israel and any other country who doesn't bow to there desires . The president of Iran repeatedly states this in his speeches . I haven't heard any Christian leaders calling for the complete destruction of any muslim countries . So it is hard for me to believe that Christians are more dangerous than the muslims . Those of you that know me , know I seldom disagree with CH, but this time I do.
How are you doing Cap !
Old 07-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DYLANSHHR
How are you doing Cap !
Not bad.

Originally Posted by DYLANSHHR
I haven't heard any Christian leaders calling for the complete destruction of any Muslim countries
What do you call our current war in Iraq? Our leaders are Christian. j/k

I think I get what you guys are saying. Religion wise I will kind of agree that an extremest Muslim is more dangerous to national security than an extremest Christian but not by much. As far as my daily life an extremest Christian is far more dangerous in my mind and Christianity has way more of an impact on me than Islam. Maybe if Muslims ruled this country, Islam was the major religion, and we were one nation under Allah I would feel differently. I think I can understand from a Christian perspective why a Muslim would be more dangerous though. Even though religious whack jobs run rampant through out your religion there are so many Christians in this country they only represent a small portion of the Christian population. Being the ruling majority you've become comfortable in our American ways and can easily dismiss crazies in your own religion because you are comfortable in your personal understanding of your religion and know they are crazy. When a small group of crazies from a different religion cause a wake up call on America it disrupts that comfort and gives an easy target for the repercussion of fear, anger, and aggression even if the person you act out against had nothing to do with the activities. Wow..........I don't believe I got that deep. I'm probably wrong but that's my take on things.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Not bad.

What do you call our current war in Iraq? Our leaders are Christian. j/k

I think I get what you guys are saying. Religion wise I will kind of agree that an extremest Muslim is more dangerous to national security than an extremest Christian but not by much. As far as my daily life an extremest Christian is far more dangerous in my mind and Christianity has way more of an impact on me than Islam. Maybe if Muslims ruled this country, Islam was the major religion, and we were one nation under Allah I would feel differently. I think I can understand from a Christian perspective why a Muslim would be more dangerous though. Even though religious whack jobs run rampant through out your religion there are so many Christians in this country they only represent a small portion of the Christian population. Being the ruling majority you've become comfortable in our American ways and can easily dismiss crazies in your own religion because you are comfortable in your personal understanding of your religion and know they are crazy. When a small group of crazies from a different religion cause a wake up call on America it disrupts that comfort and gives an easy target for the repercussion of fear, anger, and aggression even if the person you act out against had nothing to do with the activities. Wow..........I don't believe I got that deep. I'm probably wrong but that's my take on things.
Are you back on your meds? Because that was a very well thought out post without any anger, sarcasm or mocking!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
Are you back on your meds? Because that was a very well thought out post without any anger, sarcasm or mocking!
Thanks. Maybe it's okay to talk religion if I'm not a dick.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:27 AM

Wow! I have to say that was actually very impressive, I also have to say this seems to have become a very insightful debate of which I also have enjoyed. Not to mention we managed to pull it off without having the thread locked.

Quick Reply: True American