The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

UnChristian thing happend this Morning at church.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 03:07 PM

UnChristian thing happend this Morning at church.

Well for starters We bought a brand new 09 mazda5 about 3 weeks ago. My fiance and I and our 2 girls piled into the mazda5 to head of to church. It was a nice outside gazebo service put on by 3 different churches in the town. The service had just completed and we were talking with other people when a policeman approached. He informed us that someone hit our brand new mazda5 and ran. The damage: multiple scrapes on the driver side bumper and a broken moulding where the fog lights would be if we had those. As I approached the car to asses the damage a paster from another church said...oh that's not that bad it will probably come off with some soap and water. I looked at him and said...uh no there is paint damage and I am going to have to replace this molding. His response was, oh its not that bad no one will even notice if you don't fix it. I looked at him and said its a 3 week old car of course I'm going to fix it. Then he preceded to try to tell my fiance she should have parked in the middle of the parking space, but she was well within the lines. The cop was told it was an older red mustang. My fiance went and talked to some members of this paster's church and they all knew exactly who was driving it. It was some young unstable girl, who was all emotional before she left. If this girl was emotional and unstable why did people allow her to drive? The cop was able to track her down and get her insurance info thank god. My biggest pet peeve of the whole situation is that the pastor try to down play the situation and act like it was our fault. It just kills me that a man of god can try to protect a member of his church instead of doing the right thing and telling the whole story to the cop in the first place.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:37 PM

Do as I say not as I do.

Gotta love it.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:47 PM

nobody perfect

i relate to your grief. i attend aa meetings...our literature claims that our #1 problem ,as x-drunks, is to have a resentment.....i found that i get more resentments with aa members than i do anywhere else...well , i probably resent the government more , but it is a little different....when i try to quit having expectations of anyone , i got alot better....unforunatly it brings me to the conclusion that the less i get involved with people the less i get hurt....no one will ever convince me that people will not do "bad" by nature , and i should allways be ready for them to prove it , beacause most eventually will...i try to consider all people my family and to look at them as children...it is much easier for me to forgive a child.....someone once asked me how i could love and forgive everyone , even someone that had done something hideous , criminal ,or "unforgivable"...well , that is how i do it ...just because i love and forgive them , that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be punished...if i love and forgive a child , i surely most punish them , and or let them know that they have done wrong....even if they are a preacher.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:38 PM

Location: Fresno, California (formerly of Modesto, Ca. -- hometown of George Lucas, formerly of Winnipeg, Mb.)
Sorry about the accident, but one question... why are you driving a Mazda5?
Old 07-05-2009, 05:07 PM

Did the cop get her insurance info on the way to taking her to jail, or did she get a pass for the hit and run?
Old 07-05-2009, 06:51 PM

Oh dont worry modestohhr i still have the hhr, the car seats were already in the mazda5 since my fiance is the one who carts the kiddos around most of the time. Thanks for all the feedback guys. wxman I think shes getting a free pass. She claims she didnt know she hit our car, she though she just hit the curb. The funny thing is that the damage was done on the drivers side, no where near the curb. Whatever, i dont care if she gets a ticket for it, but the honorable thing would have been to stay or atleast leave her info on our car. Shes young and unstable, so could i expect anything else. But from a preacher, you would hope you could expect him to do the honorable thing. I try to forgive people too. Thats what it means to be a christian. It will all work out, I am just glad I wont have to pay for it, because after supporting my family and planning our wedding in September, we really dont have any spare cash to go around. We are very young I am only 25, and have some college debt, I should be seeing a big promotion here soon though! I have no malice in my heart over this situation....just disappointment.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:59 PM

That's why I don't go to church!
Old 07-05-2009, 08:18 PM

I went to church as a kid, but as an adult I had trouble finding a church that I felt comfortable, for mainly this reason that often times people are very hypocritical when it comes to religion. I did find a church I fit in with though. I can tell you one thing and that is I will only attend my church's function. I have no interest in attending functions with any other church. The church I go to is very relaxed and modern. These other churches are conservative and stuffy.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:42 PM

r u living with this gal? maybe god is sending a warning about living and sex before getting married? just a thought
Old 07-05-2009, 09:57 PM

gritsgresham, with all do respect, you can keep that comment to yourself. I am marrying her in september, and raising her child as my own. I will be adopting her after the wedding. My fiance's child's biological father is a total loser and doesnt want anything to do with this beautiful child. We do have one beautiful girl together. If god has a problem with that he is being awful ticky tacky, since there are so many awful people out there. I conserder myself a good hearted, kind generous person. I am quite offended by your comment, since you have no idea what we are like. There are a lot things i could say to rebut such a coment, but im sure no one on here wants to hear that. So if you want to get into a theological debate, private message me, I would love that! If I am wrong for loving and supporting my family the way I do, then may god strike me dead tonight, because there is no one who loves their kids more than I love my two baby girls.

Quick Reply: UnChristian thing happend this Morning at church.