The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

UnChristian thing happend this Morning at church.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 10:26 PM

I was hoping this thread wouldn't turn ugly, but it did.
Opel, I think it says A LOT about a person willing to take a child as their own to make sure they are cared for and loved. My dad raised my brother like his own son and he probably cried the most at his funeral.

Sorry about the car and glad no one got hurt.

@
Old 07-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by opelpowered
My biggest pet peeve of the whole situation is that the pastor try to down play the situation and act like it was our fault. It just kills me that a man of god can try to protect a member of his church instead of doing the right thing and telling the whole story to the cop in the first place.
In the pastor's defense, he's probably been dealing with the girl and her family for a lot longer than you've owned your car. A car is a "thing" that can be repaired, replaced, or scrapped at will. A human being is a lot more complicated, especially if some kind of mental illness is involved.

My advice: get over it. Nobody's perfect and being a Christian is all about forgiveness, repentance, and redemption. Let the insurance take care of the inanimate objects.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:59 AM

I agree with you hhrcrafty, it is just an inanimate thing. I have already forgiven this girl for hitting us and leaving, however her illness doesnt make it right that a pastor wouldnt tell the whole truth. Had we not found out who it was, we would have had to pay for it ourselves. And thats not right, no matter what your issues are you still have to be held acountable for your actions. If she is not in sound mind, then she shouldn't be driving. Thank god it was just my car she hit and not a child. Like I said I have no malice, just disapointment. I forgive the pastor too, he will have to deal with how he handled the situation himself. Thats all I can say. After a day I have cooled down. I understand that the pastor was looking out for a troubled soul, I get that. It all worked out in the end because there were honest people who told us who hit our car. Afs9 thanks for the kind words.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:24 AM

AFS9 again thanks for the kind words, and sorry for your loss. My mom too raise my brother as her own. In our family there were no such things as half siblings, and thats how i will raise my girls!
Old 07-07-2009, 03:31 PM

if a question like that ticks u off im sorry.its wonderful your taking care of that little person as your own. showing her that living together not married is another example all together. im not condemming u. god dosent look at who sins more or worse. we all have sin and come short of the glory of god. the comment wasnt to piss u off. no ones perfect. if u wanted that to be your business i have no problem with that. but to tell me i cant say nothing to it then keep it off the very public internet and keep it between u and god. u can love and not live together, people choose to do it all the time. i just though i was talking from one christian to another. my past is not spottless but i do try to live intentional and i welcome all advise if it will help me live a better life. once again. im not condemming u or judging u but i do have a problem with alot in your statement to me
Old 07-08-2009, 05:56 AM

Your welcome to your beleifs. I however do not believe god is a vindictive god. I believe in a forgiving god. I can not beleive god made this woman soo emotional that she would drive into our car, to punish us for living together before marriage. I will save you some time and say that you could bring up the story of Jobe. I will then say God was not punishing Jobe for sins he committed, but rather testing his faith. With this said if your initial statement had been, God made this woman hit our car to test our faith, I would completely agree. It happend at church by another christain and I observed a dishonest pastor. That could shake someone's faith. I will continue to go to church and beleive in my faith. My fiance and I have been engaged for 2 years. We had full inentions on getting married before living together, however we did not have financial means to pay for a wedding. Her parents dont have a lot of money, nor do mine. So to save money she and her daughter moved into my house, and over the course of 2 years we have saved up a small amount of money to completely pay for the wedding ourselves. I think God knows that in our hearts we are already married and that this ceremony is just a formality. If you think I am wrong, you are intitled to your oppinion. I however feel that the ceremony is formality for everyone else, not necessarily for god, because he already knows the comitment my fiance and I have made to one and another. Call it rationalization if you want, but thats how I feel. I have had the privelage of raising my fiance's child as my own, in a home that is my own. I thank god everyday for that privelage, as well as the 2nd child god has bless my fiance and I with. I feel I have been blessed in many ways and I can not see that such events like this accident would be punishment in any way. None of these things can compare to the blessings that I do recieve.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:50 AM

As a Catholic Christian, I believe those people were wrong to hide the person who did the damage. Wrong is wrong and right is right in ALL circumstances. You were wronged by her damaging your property. They should have told you what happened and who did it. It's then up to you to practice forgiveness or sympathy as you wish. They didn't have the right to usurp your decision by making the decision for you.

God Bless

Steve