The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

UPDATE on my hhr lemon law case

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 05:59 PM

Angry UPDATE on my hhr lemon law case

Well as most of you all know I had court last month on the 8th... GM and I came to a agreement, basicaly I was to get onstar free, extended warranty free,cash,GM was to pay to have all add-on's removed and reinstalled on new hhr, rental untill the exchange could be made and a substitution of calateral (which means GM would substitute the lemon hhr with a new one on my loan) Well the deal started to fall apart when GM was informed that when the video system will be removed that it would leave holes in the headliner and GM wanted me to pay to have the headliner replaced. I threw a fit and told GM that they will reinburse me for everything on my vehicle(add-on's) and exchange the vehicle or the deal is off. They agreed and wrote up the contract offer. When I recieved the offer it wasnt a tradeout offer, it was a trade assist offer. The difference is they wanted me to finance the new hhr at MSRP minus the $5,000 for my add-on's. I said what the f#^k. To say I was pissed is a understatment, If I wanted to deal with the whole financing situation again I would go buy a different make and model. I informed the buyback department that The deal was not acceptable. They informed me if I didnt sign the deal by this past friday they would close the case and stop payment on the rental. I said go ahead.... take back the rental.... I'll just be put right back in a rental once the hhr breaks down again and hung up. This past friday was the deadline, which I took back the rental. Guess what... this past monday it overheated again.... guess what else.... I'm back in the rental (2010 hhr). My attorney , which is only handling the lawsuit part, contacted the GM attorney and informed them that if they do not settle this situation by next week and come up with a offer that suits me... the lawsuit will be set for a pre hearing and go to court. I have a feeling that GM will stall as long as they can... pretty sad considering they are trying to get ther image back up to what it used to be. I informed GM that I would not settle for anything less than a hhr lt2 and a complete reinbursement on all my add-on's. I am waiting to hear back from them. This is crazy... considering all the crap Ive dealt with in the last year (11 times it has overheated/25 times at the dealer for repaires). I contact the dealer that is working on my hhr.... they informed me they are still diagnosing it. They had it since monday night... to day is thursday....WTF.... am I missing somthing. As soon as its repaired.. I will pick it up and drive it till it breaks.... thats if it breaks down... my money is on that I will be stranded again.... If anyone has any ideas on how I can motivate GM please let me know.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:24 PM

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that! That must be terrible not having a dependable car to rely on...I sure hope you get things straightened out soon.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:02 PM

Dam. I though i was having ****ty luck.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:31 PM

What the HELL is the point of having a "Lemon Law"?

That is one sad story. I really feel for you and Gm should be ashamed of them selves. Have you ever thought about about taking your story to the newspaper or Media? I would think GM would hate to get any bad press. Especially now with all that is going on for them.

I wish you all the luck in the world. You deserve it!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:44 PM

At the beginning I was very fustrated.... now I just let it role off of my chest.. no need to stress about it too much.... the positive thing is that at least I have a vehicle to get back and forth with. The funny thing is I traded in a 04 monte carlo because it was about to hit 100,000 miles.... I had not had any problems with it and now look at my situation... kinda funny ...
Old 08-06-2009, 10:50 PM

This is not a slam, flame, or what ever you want to call it It is just my opinion. There is more to your overheating then you will ever let be known
Old 08-06-2009, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by oneton
There is more to your overheating then you will ever let be known
What does that suppose to mean? If you are under the assumption that I have something to do with it overheating then u are completly mistaken. Why would I want to do that to my own vehicle? Why would I be making payments on a vehicle if I dont want it? Yes ... I still make the payments on it... pay insurance and so on. If i wanted to get out of the vehicle then I would have taken the sorry excuse of the offer that GM offered as far as the buyout, but I opted not to because I do enjoy my hhr ... I wouldnt have invested over $5000 into it in the first 3 months of ownership if I didnt want it.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:00 AM

If it were me I'd be doing 2 things. I'd write up the complete situation and send a copy of it along with a cover letter explaining your position and your demands via register mail return receipt required to the President of GM. BTW, there is a way to make sure that the President is one the one that has to sign of it, I just don't remember what that is called. It's amazing how much attention you get when the top man is bothered by stuff that his staff should have been taking care of without him being involved.

The 2nd thing I would do, but I would wait a week after I got the return receipt from the above, is I would contact your local TV station that has a segment covering customer service issues and ask them if they are interested in your story. It is also amazing what bad press does to solving an issue.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:13 AM
Banned

I had a feeling that would happen. That's the same deal the court probably would have ordered and getting you to dump your lawyer in court just made it easier for them NOT to have a negative judgment on the record. Now your lawyer has to start over with a new hearing. Next time they offer you the farm, get it in writing before you withdraw from the hearing.

Lemons rarely make the news anymore since the arbitration clauses were inserted. Making a big stink in the media is often looked down upon when you're technically trying to resolve the case using alternative means.

Next time, follow your lawyer's advice. He's probably right anyway and has probably dealt with more of these cases, lawyers, and arbitrators more than you ever have. Good luck!
Old 08-07-2009, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty

Lemons rarely make the news anymore since the arbitration clauses were inserted. Making a big stink in the media is often looked down upon when you're technically trying to resolve the case using alternative means.
Looked down upon by who??? The company doing the screwing because they get bad press?? Arbitration is supposed to be done in good faith, if the company is breaking that good faith why shouldn't people know how they act when they have a customer with a problem?

Quick Reply: UPDATE on my hhr lemon law case