The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

UPDATE on my hhr lemon law case

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by 09 Panel
I'd write up the complete situation and send a copy of it along with a cover letter explaining your position and your demands via register mail return receipt required to the President of GM. BTW, there is a way to make sure that the President is one the one that has to sign of it, I just don't remember what that is called.
I would love to know how to do that. I hav tried to get his email with no success.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Founding Member

email

Possibly: fritz.henderson@gm.com or frederick.henderson@gm.com or even frederick.a.henderson@gm.com
Old 08-07-2009, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by 09 Panel
Looked down upon by who??? The company doing the screwing because they get bad press?? Arbitration is supposed to be done in good faith, if the company is breaking that good faith why shouldn't people know how they act when they have a customer with a problem?
Because it will jeapordize his case. If he turns things into a media frenzy, things can and will get nasty. If going through another court case is what it will take, so be it. Your lawyer, if he knows his backroom stuff, will go through the proper legal channels. Disturbing what has already disturbed you, even if you have had it stuck to you several times, will not help the matter. Believe me, I have had to deal with some evil people in the "Motors". As one member has said, "get it on paper"(words are only worth the spit that they came from). Good Luck with your probs.
P.S.- That's why there is so much problems in contract negotiations(Union)and Company. No faith in words, only the paper that gets signed. You know, the old tell them what they want to hear act.

Last edited by Cokeybill; 08-07-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:50 AM

when we did go to court and the judge asked us if we had come to a agreement , both side said yes, then the judge asked the GM rep to state it in open court,which he did. I dont think it was a breakdown in the GM rep's negotiations... it's when detriot got involved and screwed everything up. I can refile the lemon law case, it would only take a couple of months but whats the point... when I win, GM will have to follow the judges decision but GM will submit the offer with the bare minimuim and ask for me to drop the lawsuit (lemon law does not recoupe loss wages or anything like that). I am not asking for anything that I am not owed. I missed 6 days of work because of either court hearings or not being able to get to work, My family and I have been stranded out on the side of the road 9 out of the 11 times.... That really pisses me off. Here I am making payments on a vehicle that I cannot drive. This has been a very stressful event for me... Ive even lost some of my hair because the stress. Normally I can let things go and not get to worked over about it... but for some reason this situation is geting to me. At the beginning of this whole ordel All I was requesting was a new hhr... nothing else... but as time has gone by... and GM has failed to even make the slightest effort to "do the right thing" I am and will ask for everything that I am intitled to.... It just pisses me off that these big corporations think that they can push anybody around without any sort of consequenses.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by jmarines
I would love to know how to do that. I hav tried to get his email with no success.
No email, it can be filtered by staff or ignored. Write a letter and mail it registered return receipt requested.

All you need to do is to address it to him at the corporate headquarters.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Cokeybill
Because it will jeapordize his case. If he turns things into a media frenzy, things can and will get nasty. If going through another court case is what it will take, so be it. Your lawyer, if he knows his backroom stuff, will go through the proper legal channels. Disturbing what has already disturbed you, even if you have had it stuck to you several times, will not help the matter. Believe me, I have had to deal with some evil people in the "Motors". As one member has said, "get it on paper"(words are only worth the spit that they came from). Good Luck with your probs.
P.S.- That's why there is so much problems in contract negotiations(Union)and Company. No faith in words, only the paper that gets signed. You know, the old tell them what they want to hear act.
That's BS. GM hasn't lived up to their promises so what does he have to screw up??

You'd be amazed what happens when the President of a major company is made aware of how badly things are being handled at the grassroots level. I had a deal with Comcast where they couldn't fix the picture on my TV and it wasn't their fault and they didn't have enough techs available to keep coming back whenever it acted up, it was taking 2 weeks between service visits. When the office of the President was involved I got the personal phone number of the local lead technician anbd he came whenever I called and when they finally fixed it I got many months taken off my bill. If you don't involve upper management there is always someone who is either hiding their incompetence or looking out for their bottom line at the expense of getting the job done for the customer.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by jmarines
If anyone has any ideas on how I can motivate GM please let me know.
Bad press! Take it to Aiken or Wayne Dolcefino. Too bad Marvin Zindler is dead.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:07 AM

General Motors Corporation (GMGMQ)
* 300 Renaissance Ctr
* Detroit, MI 48265-3000
* (313) 556-5000

Frederick A. Henderson
President & Chief Executive Officer
Old 08-08-2009, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
Next time, follow your lawyer's advice. He's probably right anyway ........