The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

The Upper Room

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:28 PM

The Upper Room

My name is Frank Holmes I am a Chaplain and I am 62 years of age and have been a premium member of this forum from almost the begining. I have asked Jonnyb if I could post this out of respect for her and this forum.

We have a special forum room, called the Dungeon where people post and talk about nearly everthing, some naughty and not so nice. in the past I have been told If I wanted to talk about God or Jesus then I should post it somewhere other than in the Dungeon. Well here it is.

I would like to have a forum room called the Upper Room where we of faith and values differ can post prayers, and talk about family and Jesus without persecution and malice. I know there are those who have joined this forum that feels this way.

If you do? Please let us know by posting on this thread and if we can get enough interest, maybe we can have our own room. This is not a rebellion, but a simple request and need in my life beacuse of this wonderful American HHR forum.

Let me be the first by saying, I am not ashamed to say that Jesus is my Lord and Savior and when I pray, I pray believing all things are possible with God through Jesus Christ my Lord.

Let me be the first to ask prayer for my wife and myself as we go through this difficult time of treatment for cancer of the prostate in my body.

Humbly Asking? Servant, Frank
Old 05-01-2006, 01:30 PM

I certainly have no problem with that.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:32 PM

I'm more of a spiritual person than a religious person, but I have no problem with this either as long as this doesn't turn into what religion is best, or if we start comparing religions, then there wouldn't be a reason for this forum.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:36 PM

Go for it. I'd post in it...
Old 05-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Banned

I have a HUGE problem with it. It will turn into a huge religious fight because there are so many religions and each person has their own beliefs. The idea is highly offensive. The Dungeon is nothing more than an extension of the lounge where only us premium members can post. You are supposed to seperate god and state so you should really seperate god and cars. There are several religous forums so you don't need to turn a car forum into one. Frank you need to realize not everyone shares your beliefs and some find them either ridiculous or offensive. Bad idea from the start! Besides how many other car and truck forums do you see with a religous room? None and there is a reason for that!

Last edited by captain howdy; 05-01-2006 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:57 PM

I agree w/the Captain - any 'net search will return thousands of religious forums that people can post to - perhaps a middle ground would be to post a link at the bottom of one's signature that might link you to a religious forum? The bottom line is, I believe we all joined to share ideas on the HHR and HHR-related stuff. Religion is great, as is driving and owning an HHR, but having a choice as to where to post topic-specific ideas is better!
Old 05-01-2006, 02:18 PM
Founding Member

...does that really belong here?....my opinion.... no But in all fairness... the Dungeon does state that ANYTHING goes.... I do believe there are still guidelines to adhere to though.

bandwidth.... bandwidth.... bandwidth.... bandwidth.... bandwidth....

if it does end up approved,,,..if ya dont want to read about it, then dont open that thread....

I personally wouldent open a religious thread. I'm dident join and pay for PREMIUM services of this board for those matters.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I have a HUGE problem with it. It will turn into a huge religous fight because there are so many religions and each person has their own beliefs. The idea is highly offensive. The Dungeon is nothing more than an extension of the lounge where only us premium members can post. You are supposed to seperate god and state so you should really seperate god and cars. There are several religous forums so you don't need to turn a car forum into one. Frank you need to realize not everyone shares your beliefs and some find them either ridiculous or offensive. Bad idea from the start! Besides how many other car and truck forums do you see with a religous room? None and there is a reason for that!
Captain, I knew you would have a problem with this and thats okay. This is not for you. I know that everyone does not adhere to your way of thinking either. You think that being a bad A-- is cool I think it's childish. Some of the ways you respond to people, you think is neat I think it shows like of respect, but hey we differ. I say if you can post what you believe what is wrong with prayer and family and faith. If you feel unconfortable with it don't respond. Do what I have to do sometime. Just stay out of the conversation.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by PhxHHR
I agree w/the Captain - any 'net search will return thousands of religious forums that people can post to - perhaps a middle ground would be to post a link at the bottom of one's signature that might link you to a religious forum? The bottom line is, I believe we all joined to share ideas on the HHR and HHR-related stuff. Religion is great, as is driving and owning an HHR, but having a choice as to where to post topic-specific ideas is better!
I know their is religious forums, but it's not about that. It is a car forum, but the Dungeon and the Lounge and Just pictures talk about everything else but cars and HHRs.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
...does that really belong here?....my opinion.... no But in all fairness... the Dungeon does state that ANYTHING goes.... I do believe there are still guidelines to adhere to though.

bandwidth.... bandwidth.... bandwidth.... bandwidth.... bandwidth....

if it does end up approved,,,..if ya dont want to read about it, then dont open that thread....

I personally wouldent open a religious thread. I'm dident join and pay for PREMIUM services of this board for those matters.
Sindy, I agree with you about, if you don't want to open or respond to it don't. all I am saying is give us who differ a format.

Quick Reply: The Upper Room