The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

The Upper Room

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by txsman2930
I'm more of a spiritual person than a religious person, but I have no problem with this either as long as this doesn't turn into what religion is best, or if we start comparing religions, then there wouldn't be a reason for this forum.
Thanks, Firewatcher!
Old 05-01-2006, 02:38 PM

How interesting that we can have extended conversations on ANYthing in here, including 3-somes, but some don't want to allow religious discussion. Is freedom of speech is limited to the politically correct or those with the loudest voices? What a telling commentary on a part of the forum labelled "Anything goes". There are also joke forums, sex forums and pic forums but somehow those topics are welcome here.

My $0.02: If it says anything goes, do it. If someone doesn't like it, don't go in.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by txsman2930
I'm more of a spiritual person than a religious person, but I have no problem with this either as long as this doesn't turn into what religion is best, or if we start comparing religions, then there wouldn't be a reason for this forum.
Thanks Txsman! I am the same way. Regardless what others may think? this is not going to turn into a religious debate unless somone forces it. I hape that won't happen. I still believe people need prayer, hope and God.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by DJNateGnau
Go for it. I'd post in it...
Thanks for your support Nate!
Old 05-01-2006, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by PhxHHR
I agree w/the Captain - any 'net search will return thousands of religious forums that people can post to - perhaps a middle ground would be to post a link at the bottom of one's signature that might link you to a religious forum? The bottom line is, I believe we all joined to share ideas on the HHR and HHR-related stuff. Religion is great, as is driving and owning an HHR, but having a choice as to where to post topic-specific ideas is better!
I joind to talk about the HHR not fight about what religion we should follow.
Not tring to put down anything or anyone.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Banned

You asked for peoples opinions on it Frank so of course I'm going to give mine rather than sit here and let this car forum get turned into a religious forum. Like you said the dungeon and lounge is for anything not pertaining to HHRs so stick your prayers, Jesus, Buddha, Allah, Satan, or whatever you want to preach about in there and probably get negative results from other members. We don't need a special religious section for what you can post in an already existing section.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by BlackHHR
I joind to talk about the HHR not fight about what religion we should follow.
Not tring to put down anything or anyone.
Who's fighting about religion? Again, It is not about religion! Why is it everyone can talk about hell, dam & Sh-- and when one person talks about Jesus everybody freeks?
Old 05-01-2006, 02:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Krejaton
How interesting that we can have extended conversations on ANYthing in here, including 3-somes, but some don't want to allow religious discussion. Is freedom of speech is limited to the politically correct or those with the loudest voices? What a telling commentary on a part of the forum labelled "Anything goes". There are also joke forums, sex forums and pic forums but somehow those topics are welcome here.

My $0.02: If it says anything goes, do it. If someone doesn't like it, don't go in.
Agreed but do we really need a special section for religion? That's what I'm opposed to. Anyone can speak their mind but there is no need to turn a car forum into a religious forum.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:06 PM

Chaplain Holmes: That is part of my point; the premium stuff is an area of this forum where you CAN talk about anything because you're paying a few bucks more. I'll be honest, I joined this forum to discuss HHR-related stuff AND because posting is free. I have purchased items from the site sponsors and supporters so that I am contributing to the maintenance of the forum in some way. Once I have familiarized myself with the forum as a whole, I may end up joining as a premium member - only time will tell. Just out of curiosity, will the religion-based thread be a general, publicly-accessible one, or one only available to premium members? As is with the other stuff, if you don't want to see or read it, then don't open the thread. However, like the Captain said, a religious-based forum doesn't "belong" (for lack of a better word) in a car-related forum. I wouldn't go onto a Playboy-oriented forum for pics and conversation and then ask if anyone has replaced the factory equipment on their HHR - people just wouldn't expect it. (It would go something like this: Wow, that chick is HOT, nice rack!!! By the way, what size subs did you end up putting in?) Just an FYI - I was raised in a very religious home, and I respect prayer and religion and believe it does need a place in today's world. However, this is not the best place for it. Additionally, if we're going to add any off-the-topic forums, how 'bout some typing, spelling, and grammar forums? I have trouble deciphering a lot of messages that are posted on 'net forums, simply because people can't spell or write well, and then add insult to injury by not reviewing their stuff before it's posted.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Agreed but do we really need a special section for religion? That's what I'm opposed to. Anyone can speak their mind but there is no need to turn a car forum into a religious forum.
Captain, Maybe you are taking this wrong? It is not going to be a religious forum. It is a place where we can get away from the daily junk and other things that do not appeal to us. where we can ask prayer if we need it. Where we can talk about our faith and life as we live it without persecution. Instead of you encouraging me about my prayer request you attack me, instead of praying for me you had to pick faults with everything I say.

Quick Reply: The Upper Room