The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

The Upper Room

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Krejaton
How interesting that we can have extended conversations on ANYthing in here, including 3-somes, but some don't want to allow religious discussion. Is freedom of speech is limited to the politically correct or those with the loudest voices? What a telling commentary on a part of the forum labelled "Anything goes". There are also joke forums, sex forums and pic forums but somehow those topics are welcome here.

My $0.02: If it says anything goes, do it. If someone doesn't like it, don't go in.
Krejaton, That is just my point!
Old 05-01-2006, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by PhxHHR
Chaplain Holmes: That is part of my point; the premium stuff is an area of this forum where you CAN talk about anything because you're paying a few bucks more. I'll be honest, I joined this forum to discuss HHR-related stuff AND because posting is free. I have purchased items from the site sponsors and supporters so that I am contributing to the maintenance of the forum in some way. Once I have familiarized myself with the forum as a whole, I may end up joining as a premium member - only time will tell. Just out of curiosity, will the religion-based thread be a general, publicly-accessible one, or one only available to premium members? As is with the other stuff, if you don't want to see or read it, then don't open the thread. However, like the Captain said, a religious-based forum doesn't "belong" (for lack of a better word) in a car-related forum. I wouldn't go onto a Playboy-oriented forum for pics and conversation and then ask if anyone has replaced the factory equipment on their HHR - people just wouldn't expect it. (It would go something like this: Wow, that chick is HOT, nice rack!!! By the way, what size subs did you end up putting in?) Just an FYI - I was raised in a very religious home, and I respect prayer and religion and believe it does need a place in today's world. However, this is not the best place for it. Additionally, if we're going to add any off-the-topic forums, how 'bout some typing, spelling, and grammar forums? I have trouble deciphering a lot of messages that are posted on 'net forums, simply because people can't spell or write well, and then add insult to injury by not reviewing their stuff before it's posted.
You can call me Frank. I think it should be open to every one and anyone. When you go into a hospital and there is a chapel. The doors are'nt locked.
There is a Chapel that is in the largest mall in the world in Edmonton Canada that has a chapel for solitude & prayer and it is a Christian based place of faith, but everybody goes in and is welcome.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:29 PM

I don't have a problem with it. Holmes I wish you and your wife the best in the trying times ahead of you.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Banned

I'm not attacking you? I also am not discouraging you from asking for prayers and support. On a serious note find one other car forum with a religious section. You won't be able to. Ask for all the prayers and support you want but do it in a thread in an existing section. We have no need for a special religious section on this forum. Try and see things from other peoples perspective for a moment. I respect that your beliefs are strong but not everyone shares them. We all come here for the HHR not for a Christian god or Jesus. Granted we may chat about other things in the lounge or dungeon but that is not the main reason we are all here. By adding a religious section you will turn people away from the site rather than encouraging them to join. Speak your mind freely but don't impose upon others and don't beg for a special religion section, find a religious forum for that.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
You asked for peoples opinions on it Frank so of course I'm going to give mine rather than sit here and let this car forum get turned into a religious forum. Like you said the dungeon and lounge is for anything not pertaining to HHRs so stick your prayers, Jesus, Buddha, Allah, Satan, or whatever you want to preach about in there and probably get negative results from other members. We don't need a special religious section for what you can post in an already existing section.
Captain, What you said is not correct. We have had this discussion before. I have been told to take it somewhere else. And all I am doing is just that. You are not the only person who has a voice, although from looking at your post it would say otherwise. When I first mention Jesus, you said there would never be anyone on this forum who would agree with me, well take another look. Hopefully before this discussion is over their will be more.

Another thing. I will go with the moderators suggestion and others oppinion on this. I would not do anything that harms the forum and I do not think this would.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Navyflyer11
I don't have a problem with it. Holmes I wish you and your wife the best in the trying times ahead of you.
Thank You! Thank You! You saw the need and I appreciate your thoughts.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Holmes Hot Ride
You can call me Frank. I think it should be open to every one and anyone. When you go into a hospital and there is a chapel. The doors are'nt locked.
There is a Chapel that is in the largest mall in the world in Edmonton Canada that has a chapel for solitude & prayer and it is a Christian based place of faith, but everybody goes in and is welcome.
- Frank: The only reason the largest mall in the world has a chapel is so that people can go in there and pray that their credit card bill doesn't arrive too soon; same thing goes with the hospital setting. (Sorry, couldn't resist that one ) Anyway, just as with any other (somewhat) organized democracy, I suppose the best thing to do at this point would be to leave the decision to the administrators of the forum; perhaps even on a trial basis.
Captain - don't accuse me of giving in, it's just that I can see this thread going on for pages and pages, days and days, and not getting anywhere (i.e., religious-based arguments (again, for lack of a better word) in the Middle East, parts of Europe and Africa, etc.)
Old 05-01-2006, 03:41 PM

well they arent specific forums...they are threads...and I have no problem with different threads but to create a whole seperate forum is a little rediculous espcially when we can't even get the Northeast forum split up...

-wC
Old 05-01-2006, 03:44 PM

wheelsee, Then why a seperate forum for the Dugeon and some of the rest?
Old 05-01-2006, 03:50 PM

the dungeon is just a seperate area for premium members...

-wC

Quick Reply: The Upper Room