The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

A UPS story..........

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 08:14 AM

A UPS story..........

Here is a strange one, maybe someone here can explain what happened or I should say How did it happen?

To start I have this company that comes to my shop and keeps my nuts, bolts, screws, drills, paint, etc. bins full so I don't have to worry about it. I OK an order and one box comes in about a week later. A week after that I do not see the second box so I call the salesman and he tracks it down and tells me that it was delivered. So I look around, ask a few people, no dice. SO I call him back and tell him to fax me the tracking number, who signed, etc.

He gets that from UPS and faxes it to me. Now we get packages from UPS all the time so to remember what came in exactly on that day is next to impossible. So I figure someone walked out the door with it not knowing what it was.

I had told my cousin about this, seeing as he is the one that signed for it so the next thing I know he is calling me in my office to tell me that he just got a note in the mail along with a copy of the invoice from a company in NY saying that our stuff was mixed in with their order!

So it looks like the morons at this hardware company put the wrong shipping label on the box, OK, That I can understand.

WHAT I want to know is HOW THE HECK DID UPS TRACK A NON-EXISTANT PACKAGE RIGHT TO OUR DOOR ALONG WITH A SIG!!!????

Someone please tell me how!
Old 05-02-2009, 08:46 AM

That happened at our company when you have multiple boxes on one shipment. when one of ?? has arrived they think all of the ?? have arrived, We solved that by demanding a separate shipping number on each package shipped.. Solved our issue.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:30 AM

don't get me started on bad shipping company stories. DHL, Fedex, UPS, USPS, i got em all. It's like i am on the destroy mail and piss off list.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:09 AM

Yes, but each package has it's OWN tracking number and this was the only box from this company on that day. Yes, I am sure there were other packages but only one from these guys and like I said, they ALL have their OWN number.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:19 AM

Saw the title, and couldn't wait to add my latest UPS story (couldn't come up with ananswer to your mystery BTW). I have always had great service from UPS and zero problems until...I ordered a Sony LCD TV for my mom, 1) Package arrived damaged, TV looked ok, but screen was broken cracked on backside, so returned TV (no problem, just time). 2) Supplier shipped new TV, UPS called to say they would drop off by noon. UPS never showed up, never called, tracking had no explanation, finally UPS called, "lost package", I had to call supplier to start a "trace". Eight business days later, UPS agreed they could not find it. 3) Supplier has now shipped a THIRD TV (due next week). Good Grief!
Old 05-02-2009, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Freightliner
I OK an order and one box comes in about a week later. A week after that I do not see the second box
Sorry I did not see the second box that could of been a 1 of 2 and a 2 of 2, in our case each box in a multiple shipment from One Order had the same tracking number.