The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Urban Exploration - Northville Psychiatric Hospital

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 11:30 AM

Thanks guys!

Another interesting thing is supposedly there are tunnels all over the complex leading to the different buildings. Now that would be creepy to explore!

Thanks for the links Mowgli!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Thanks guys!

Another interesting thing is supposedly there are tunnels all over the complex leading to the different buildings. Now that would be creepy to explore!
Are you gonna go back there and try to find the tunnels and go exploring underground Eric? Pretty cool pics you took!!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:47 PM

Here are maps, maybe tunnel maps?

http://nrph.net/map/maps/

http://nrph.net/map.htm

Urban Exploration Resource NRPH page

http://www.uer.ca/locations/show.asp?locid=27372

Have fun and take lotsa pix
Old 08-12-2010, 08:26 PM

No way! We didn't even go in the basement because it was dark.... Prefer to stay in lit areas. Would be fun to see! I would have liked to see the morgue, but that was in the basement.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:57 PM

I have been the psych hospital before as well. Kinda freaked me out with a few of things I saw like straitjacks and syringes. I've been to the both Packard and MCS hundreds of times, as other Detroit forgotten landmarks. I hope you don't explore the basement of the MCS. Last time I went ,a few months ago, It was covered in water and smelled liked rotting flesh, as it has been since I have been going. From what I have heard, the basement at MCS has never been opened. It was flooded during constructon and has remained under water ever since. I love exploring all of Detroit's lost treasures. I also enjoy going to the Fisher Body on Piquette. Although not as big as others, it still envokes a flame in me. Going in the winter is not pleasant at all. Any upcoming dates for you? I would love to explore/snap pics with anyone enjoying Detroit history as much as myself.

Fave
Old 08-12-2010, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by 2010SilverIceSS
I have been the psych hospital before as well. Kinda freaked me out with a few of things I saw like straitjacks and syringes. I've been to the both Packard and MCS hundreds of times, as other Detroit forgotten landmarks. I hope you don't explore the basement of the MCS. Last time I went ,a few months ago, It was covered in water and smelled liked rotting flesh, as it has been since I have been going. From what I have heard, the basement at MCS has never been opened. It was flooded during constructon and has remained under water ever since. I love exploring all of Detroit's lost treasures. I also enjoy going to the Fisher Body on Piquette. Although not as big as others, it still envokes a flame in me. Going in the winter is not pleasant at all. Any upcoming dates for you? I would love to explore/snap pics with anyone enjoying Detroit history as much as myself.

Fave
Yeah, basements kinda freak me out. Don't know why. Guess the dark spooks me! I've wanted to go to Fisher Body, and I'd really like to see if it's possible to get into the Lee Plaza hotel, but I doubt it. Not sure on when I'll get back there... Any time I went it was kinda a spur of the moment thing. I actually had to buy shoes to go to MCS because I was wearing flip flops that day!
Old 08-13-2010, 09:25 AM

That's cool. I have always wanted to go to those places... just never seem to get around to it.

Maybe make up a meet for us michigan hhr's to do one or more of them.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:09 PM

So you get permission to explore these sites?
Old 08-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by mongo
So you get permission to explore these sites?
Around here places like this, you would Never "Get Permission" to go exploring.

IF something happened (getting hurt) they'd be liable.

You are Strictly TRESSPASSING and can be Arrested. Usually chased out by the cops IF all you were doing is looking around.

Kids who Vandalize and set fire to places like this can be thanked for that.

I used to see a place sitting abandoned while on Vacation and stop and look around as a young man. Havent done so in Years now, they tear things down and start Building immediately around us.

Nothings left to Explore and anyplace that is, is a long drive from me, the cops see a car and they come a running to chase you along.

Amazes me that place in this post has sat that long and still so much in tact.

Hell someone should take the Piano before it gets destroyed. That would have lasted about a Day before teens would have totally Destroyed it. lol
Old 08-29-2010, 09:10 PM

^Yeah, what he said! lol. You don't have permission to go in... In fact in this place, they supposedly have 24hour security. Luckily I parked far enough back from the main road through that they couldn't see my car. It's too bad because like you said, it's the people who vandalize that ruin it for everyone. I just want to explore it, and show the world the beauty in the ruins of our society that most never see.

Quick Reply: Urban Exploration - Northville Psychiatric Hospital