The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

An urgent message to GM suppliers

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kingfrog
What did I miss? This is money paid to non producers. How can a company compete with companies that do not pay this kind of money to retirees?

This is the kind of crap I blame management for. Agreeing to throw that kind of money to non producers. They were paid enough their whole working careers to save for retirement. I can understand if workers were not already well paid/

People complain about CEOS making 20 million who have achieved that pinnacle of success few reach. Yet no one complains about the 45% illiteracy rate in Detroit where a HS dropout and unskilled "workers" were paid $30 an hour to turn wheel bolts. Plus $40K for life and medical benefits. I find that just as ridiculous. And THAT adds up to far far more then 20 million to a CEO who's BOD decided what he was worth. Shame on the CEO for signing contracts that gave the farm away to the UAW. FOr that alone he should be fired for incompetence.
You wouldn't be happy unless everyone everywhere was fired. Even if you were the only person(?) left working, you would still complain about yourself. Everyone here already knows that. Fire the "World"