The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: User Name vs Real Name
I prefer to be addressed with my user name
63.64%
I prefer you use my real name
36.36%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

User Name vs Real Name

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 10:18 PM

Vote #2 for a lock on this.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Founding Member

... let it go man, let it go.... relax, be happy!
Old 11-25-2006, 10:26 AM

Vote #3 on a lock..... Master Lock
Old 11-26-2006, 07:45 AM

It is truly amazing how upset some people got over a simple question,( should user names be the norm?).
While most would agree that it`s less confusing and did start out as the way we all communicated with and identified each other, the minority felt it was a meaningless topic (but they joined in anyway) and wanted it locked .
What happened to the exchange of ideas.
This is the lounge, this is where such conversations take place,if you see something you want to discuss, join in. If not back out...
If you want to have a poll, with up-to 10 variations of your question, feel free. I`m not gonna ask for a lock down if I`m not interested. That`s what you could`ve done on this subject, if you objected.
I`m gonna keep this poll open, unless the ADM. or Mod. shuts it down... B/B
Old 11-26-2006, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
It is truly amazing how upset some people got over a simple question,( should user names be the norm?).
While most would agree that it`s less confusing and did start out as the way we all communicated with and identified each other, the minority felt it was a meaningless topic (but they joined in anyway) and wanted it locked .
This is the lounge, this is where such conversations take place,if you see something you want to discuss, join in. If not back out...
If you want to have a poll, with up-to 10 variations of your question, feel free. I`m not gonna ask for a lock down if I`m not interested. That`s what you could`ve done on this subject, if you objected.
I`m gonna keep this poll open, unless the ADM. or Mod. shuts it down... B/B
Now thats what I'm talking about!!
Old 11-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
.....the minority felt it was a meaningless topic (but they joined in anyway) and wanted it locked .
I agree but also watched this thread closely. History has shown me that sometimes when opinions 'clash' and the exchange of 'ideas/thoughts' turn not so friendly, then a lock is warranted. I did see it's potential to spin out of control. You guys kept it cool and I didn't think it was necessary to lock it/delete it up to this point.

This poll will close on 11-30-2006 at 07:36 PM as set by the threads author.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
I agree but also watched this thread closely. History has shown me that sometimes when opinions 'clash' and the exchange of 'ideas/thoughts' turn not so friendly, then a lock is warranted. I did see it's potential to spin out of control. You guys kept it cool and I didn't think it was necessary to lock it/delete it up to this point.

The poll is scheduled to end This poll will close on 11-30-2006 at 07:36 PM as set by the threads author.

This poll will close on 11-30-2006 at 07:36 PM as set by the threads author.
Whoa! I had to read this twice. I didn't realize it was doubled so I thought she was agreeing with the poll closing ( ) and then my mind just stopped and I had to reread.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:51 AM
Founding Member

I fixed it..... my bad. I better go get my coffee....
Old 11-26-2006, 10:57 AM

You didn't have to fix it. I personally liked it. I like things that make me confused, thats why I study German.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by HHR Forever
Whoa! I had to read this twice. I didn't realize it was doubled so I thought she was agreeing with the poll closing ( ) and then my mind just stopped and I had to reread.
Why do you want this thread closed so badly? You made you initial comment, I assume you voted, then you decided to go against it.
What happened?

Quick Reply: User Name vs Real Name