The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

USS New York

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KNEZRYD
You will have to forgive me if I don't feel compassion for countries who generation after generation breed hate for my country, the greatest country to grace this earth.
Of course you think this is the greatest country on the earth as do I. It's expected of us because we're American. I'm sure a lot of people feel their country is the greatest. The countries you mentioned are filled with many types of people just like here. They can't all be bad. All Americans aren't bad. I know I don't want to be judged by someone in another country for the actions of our government, terrorists, separatist groups, racists, religious fanatics, and our society in general. I'm not sympathizing with the enemy by any means. If the war or peace keeping mission is deserving then I'm all for it. Same with if you attack our country or betray us then you deserve what you have coming. Our modern government spins who our enemies truly are and gets involved in situation we don't necessarily need to be involved in. We can't stop war in the middle east. Thats what they do! Look back through history and there has always been struggle in the middle east. No matter how much we intervene, support sides, and take out dictators it will never stop. How many civilians and innocents get killed through our actions? How many family's are torn apart over here due to American casualties? Like I said I'm not sympathizing with the enemy but just fed up with war, death, and our current government. On the subject of the boat I think it is kind of creepy and surreal. Turning death into destruction.

Last edited by captain howdy; 01-25-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
. I'm surprised Solman (I think he's the history major) .
History Major? Not me.

20 years retired Air Force (Transportation), 4 years GSA (Government) Fleet Service Rep.

I did not start this thread to be political. I'm glad it has not turned in to one.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by KNEZRYD
We are a peaceful nation who was prevoke.
That is honestly one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. The US is constantly involved in military actions throughout the world when we are not attacked. In actuality we are probably the most violent in the world. A peaceful nation would be somewhere like Iceland. When is the last time you heard of them getting involved in any military actions? Hell they don't even have an army other than their NATO troupes. What did we do when attacked? We don't even go after the group that attacked us. We start a war with one of our old enemies. I'm sorry but that statement is just plain silly.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by solman98
History Major? Not me.

20 years retired Air Force (Transportation), 4 years GSA (Government) Fleet Service Rep.

I did not start this thread to be political. I'm glad it has not turned in to one.

Sorry Solman.....

Had to go through the archives....it was El-guapo who is the history major. I was obviously .
Old 01-25-2007, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Of course you think this is the greatest country on the earth as do I. It's expected of us because we're American. I'm sure a lot of people feel their country is the greatest. The countries you mentioned are filled with many types of people just like here. They can't all be bad. All Americans aren't bad. I know I don't want to be judged by someone in another country for the actions of our government, terrorists, separatist groups, racists, religious fanatics, and our society in general. I'm not sympathizing with the enemy by any means. If the war or peace keeping mission is deserving then I'm all for it. Same with if you attack our country or betray us then you deserve what you have coming. Our modern government spins who our enemies truly are and gets involved in situation we don't necessarily need to be involved in. We can't stop war in the middle east. Thats what they do! Look back through history and there has always been struggle in the middle east. No matter how much we intervene, support sides, and take out dictators it will never stop. How many civilians and innocents get killed through our actions? How many family's are torn apart over here due to American casualties? Like I said I'm not sympathizing with the enemy but just fed up with war, death, and our current government. On the subject of the boat I think it is kind of creepy and surreal. Turning death into destruction.
I think the best way to judge a country is to look at how many people want out,and how many people want in. IMHO,two forces have died for our way of life...Jesus died for our salvation and brave men and women in the American Armed Forces have died for our freedom. That concludes my discussion on this matter.