The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Vacation

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 01:43 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by ksfis43
Do the Behind the Scenes at Disney World Tour - Keys to the Kingdom
Its definalty worth the extra $60
If any tour is worth the money, the Backstage Safari at the Animal Kingom is it!!

Originally Posted by GCarp
How long you going to be there? We are going thursday (June 19) to tuesday (June 24). Staying at The Animal Kingdom Lodge.
I believe the Sunset Savanna tour is available to you while staying at the Lodge. If memory serves you don't have to be a concierge guest now.

A bit pricey, but well worth it as well.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:53 PM

Wow, where do I start So much to see, and no way you will be able to do it all. We have been there 7 different times and still have not seen and done everything we want to. I would highly recommend the Pirate and Princess Party at Magic Kingdom, IF they are having one during your stay. It does cost extra, but it is a limited access ticket, and you basically walk on every ride. Not to mention the extras you don't normally get to see, such as certain character meet and greets, dance parties and treasure hunts. My kids really enjoyed it, although they are younger than yours. I would also highly recommend Fantasmic at Hollywood. Of all the nighttime shows, it's the best IMO. If you in to roller coasters, Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom, and Rock N Roller coaster at Hollywood are a must. As Jay said, the extra magic hours are very cool. There are two water parks. Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. Both are great. If you like slides, Blizzard Beach is Great, if you like wave pools, Typhoon Lagoon has the largest, and the waves are HUGE! EPCOT has Sorin', Test Track, and Mission Space, which are all must see. As far as Magic Kingdom, Everything is a must see . Any of the 3D shows are worth watching, especially Muppet Vision at Hollywood and Philarmagic at Magic Kingdom. Most important thing is don't burn yourself out to soon. There is so much to see and do, you feel like you have to go at a frantic pace to try and get it all in. Try to pace yourself or everyone will be miserable. Trust me on this one, I have personal experience I've hardly scratched the surface of what there is to do, but just touched on some of my favorites. Have a great time and let us know about your trip when you return.

BTW we stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort and really enjoyed it. They have a great pool!
Old 06-12-2008, 08:00 PM

I was at Disney just a few weeks ago and had a great time! Might I suggest: Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom, darned near everything at Epcot (I will never go on Mission Space again, but that's personal.) I highly recommend "Soarin" at The Land pavillion. Disney Hollywood was a great time seeing the different street shows and the stunt show. My daughter went on Tower of Terror, which she claimed was "lame". Last but not least, we visited the Magic Kingdom for the first time in 25 years. Many changes to Space Mountain. Took in the Thunder Mountain Rail Road, and Splash Mountain. The parade and fireworks were spectacular!
Old 06-13-2008, 07:45 AM

How long you going to be there? We are going thursday (June 19) to tuesday (June 24). Staying at The Animal Kingdom Lodge.
We're leaving tomorrow (June 14) and coming back Sunday (June 22). Maybe we can get together while we're there. If you want, I can PM you my cell number.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
You got the savannah view, right??
No, We didn't. ... BUT, my SIL and her BF did. So I guess we'll be interr... I mean crashing there

Been there 3 times so far and loved it every time. Last time was in '87 though.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by James06
We're leaving tomorrow (June 14) and coming back Sunday (June 22). Maybe we can get together while we're there. If you want, I can PM you my cell number.
Maybe... The only problem is, my SIL has it "all planned out" (she's never been there)

My "advice" is - No matter how stupid a ride looks from the outside or what the name is, Go on the ride! (except for the obvious ones like the dumbo elephants that go in circles) you'll have a blast!

PM on the way...
Old 06-13-2008, 11:51 AM
jx3

Maybe... The only problem is, my SIL has it "all planned out" (she's never been there)
Best laid plans............

You have "priority seating" for all your meals right?

Did she account for the 2 hour wait lines?
Old 06-13-2008, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
Best laid plans............
My thoughts EXACTLY...

Originally Posted by jx3
You have "priority seating" for all your meals right?
Yes we do.

Originally Posted by jx3
Did she account for the 2 hour wait lines?
Doubt it. Wife & I may occasionally get "lost" too
Old 06-19-2008, 11:47 AM

The best laid plans ... even gets worse.

Our neice who was going with us, had broke her leg about 7ish weeks ago. She was supposed to get her cast off yesterday (day before we were leaving for WDW). Didn't happen. Instead, the doctor said she needs a cast for another 3-5 weeks. She was all in tears because she couldn't get on any of the rides with a cast. We needed to re-schedule. Bright side is... we re-scheduled for end of august/ beginning of september (Aug 28 - Sept 2) and because it is their "off season" the reduction in package/room rates offset the rescheduling fees. We netted out with nothing extra out of pocket. (actually $50 refund) Boy was that a relief . Here we go again....
Old 06-19-2008, 12:19 PM

Sorry to read about your neice! Best thing to come out of it, is now you guys are going during Disney's value season. From reading your dates now and other things I have read, that the parks shouldn't be as crowded for your new dates. Course attendence picks up on Labor Day, but that shouldn't be a big deal for one day.

I could live in Disney World if my DH would let me. Well and of course if the people of Disney would let me stay also.

My family is planning on going to WDW at the end of Sept 2009. This time we are adding an extra person since the last time we went we were a family of 4. I can't wait to see Disney World for the first time through my youngest son's eyes. We to have had to put our Disney trip on hold for a year or two. We were going to go in 2006, but I got pregnant. Since that happened, we planned the trip for 2008, but DH got a new job and no vaca time until next year so crossing everything we can keep our plans. :) Since we have had to postpone our trip a couple of times, to make it up to our 2 older children, we picked dates so we could be at Disney for MNSSHP {Mickey's Not So Scarey Halloween Party}. That way they could do something extra special for one night.

All hail the Mouse! LOL!!!

Mrs. Zaireguy

Quick Reply: Vacation