The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Verizon Wireless STRESSING ME OUT !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Founding Member

I was looking for the other customer service call with the .002 concept... but that was all I found. Someone here had posted it, heck if I could find it though.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:02 PM

Doesn't that just make you wanna punch the "can you here me now?" guy in the mouth!!
Old 06-24-2007, 06:22 AM

Holy Crap Good luck and keep us informed on what happens.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:39 AM

I had a similar problem with the old AT&T, now the new AT&T when I had a local service only-plan. I work less than a mile from the water and my bill would reflect the use of a tower in Mobile, 100 miles away. It happened to others at work also. They said the signal would bounce off the ocean. Any time it occurred, we would call and get a credit applied to our accounts.

Can you set up the unit to only connect to the USA tower instead of the closest one? Also, don't give up on trying to negotiate down that bill. This was their problem, not yours!
Old 06-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by TomsHHR
Doesn't that just make you wanna punch the "can you here me now?" guy in the mouth!!
If he did that, he wouldn't here him now 'cuz he wouldent be able to talk....
Old 06-24-2007, 12:50 PM

Verizon seems to have a constant issue with this, and not just on the Mexican border. Some WNY Verizon wireless customers had a similar issue about four months ago because their phones were defaulting to a tower operated by Rogers (Canadian cell provider) in Hamilton and running up gigantic roaming fees.

Ahhhh, I love my NEXTEL ...
Old 06-24-2007, 11:15 PM

Back in December I was going to set up an account with Verizon. Got the plan, got the equipment, only thing is they never told me that there is no service in my area! Got billed, had to pay the bill and a so called disconnect fee? Only problem, I never got connected. I called, and called, and called. Complained, explained, and re-explained that I cancelled within 30 days(3 days after actually) all equipment was returned, and gave them the return authorization number.

Anyhow, they were to post the money back into my charge card account, instead, I was getting billed. solution for me, I filed an informal complaint to the FCC. Got some eyes opened, got my money back. Although it took about 4 months. I went back to Alltel.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:20 PM

So far I've had excellent service with Verizon and I live by the Canadian border, no problems.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Desert Coyote
Rogers (Canadian cell provider) in Hamilton and running up gigantic roaming fees.
Interesting, I'm on Rogers and live in Ottawa, though move between Toronto and Ottawa fairly often (both less than 100km from the Canada/U.S. border).

Often when I'm driving between the two my phone will automatically flip to a US tower for a couple minutes. I even get a text message from the tower (I don't recall offhand what company owns it) welcoming me to the U.S.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:45 PM

Well, after some pointing in the right direction from a member here, and some lengthy calls to Verizon, I hopefully have the issue resolved. They set my aircard to NOT roam on their end, and have promised me the roamaing charges are to be reversed. I was told to pay my 'normal' amount on my bill this month since the bill has already been sent, then next month I should see a credit/reversal for the roaming charges for last month and for the current month.... SO HOPEFULLY ALL IS GOOD.... a great relief.. Thanks to all those that had 'inside help'.......

Quick Reply: Verizon Wireless STRESSING ME OUT !!!