The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Veterinary bills

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 01:19 PM

oldschoolfreak, you are the man...you couldn't have said it better...

EL_REY......WHATEVER
Old 10-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Platinum Member

oldschoolfreak.....

Kiss your wife and give her a big hug!!!!

Although, I believe anyone should and can drive whatever you wish, the analogy was excellent.

But, el rey IS still entitled to his opinion. And to a certain degree, I agree with his basic philosophy......somewhere sanity needs to be applied to your desicion. I have witnessed people spending hundreds of dollars a month to provide maintenance medication on an animal (which was semi comatose) only to deprive THEMSELVES of medication for their own ailments (which would have provided a certain pain comfort).

But, starving chldren of the world.....THAT is a completely different topic.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:54 PM

thank you all for the kind words (smoochin the wifey)!! BUT wasnt trying to say El Rey was wrong just another way of lookin at things!! to each his own is what i always say and everyone is entitled to his or her options and opinions.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Snoopy
But, starving chldren of the world.....THAT is a completely different topic.
Ya'll are free to start another thread on that if you wish!
Old 10-16-2006, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by ymerej_mortsdnil
oldschoolfreak, you are the man...you couldn't have said it better...

EL_REY......WHATEVER

thats right .... EL REY <-- look up the meaning :-)

and yes i could have spent my money on something other then a vette...but i did and i do donate to several charities as well....maybe not as much as i spent on my car, or my other car/truck, but some none the less.

Old School, yea i hear you(and ur wife), it basically is the same thing(sorta)....

karen1953.. and what is wrong with a HUMAN BEING getting a transplant? it saved a HUMAN LIFE, we flipped the bill, so what?u dont seem to realise how many indigent americans get the same treatment... if that person can now go back to work(illegal or not) to help his starving family in mexico or wherever he is from, isnt that good, he is helping his dirt poor family have a little something, more than most have here in the US....i personally see nothing wrong with that, and yes he will be doing a job that "americans" wont do for $4/hr. but that is bieng discussed in another thread(mexico and us travel)
this to me serves more of a purpose then a dog getting a few shots cuz he has a cold....and you also talked about making the rich get richer....have you read or even heard about the major scams that do go on in vet offices? i mean alot of them do play on ppls sympathy for thier pets...
Old 10-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SindyDix
Ya'll are free to start another thread on that if you wish!
I would, Sindy, but I wouldn't be able to respond to it, in an appropriate fashion
Going on vacation. :twothumbs