The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Video Game Collectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 06:29 PM

Video Game Collectors

Hey all, I'm huge into videogames, pretty much all of them. I collect games and systems, Just wondering if there is any other collectors or fans on here

-Adam
Old 08-03-2007, 06:48 PM

Have you ever been to Fun Spot in New Hampshire?

We try to go every year and have for almost two deades. Hundreds of arcade games. Now it is a museum where you may find almost any arcade game from the last three decades.

http://www.funspotnh.com/pc-bostonglobearticle.htm

'
But of course arcades are dying and home consoles are ruling, so we have our share of consoles, including a Japanese Dreamcast with a nice old pile of games. We prefer Gauntlet style fantasy play to the RPG style. Hack, slash, pickup gold, sell stuff, you know the drill. Its all about fun
I'm not a big first person shooter gamer, though House of the dead can be fun. Try "Typing Of THe Dead" for a real challenge. Same as House, but words appear over the undead and you better type them back quickly or you die
Gotta go now, I'll check on the thread later, cleaning the garage and have a litereal TON of stuff in the driveway, night is almost here and it may thunderstorm soon since it has been 90 degrees and humid all day.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Banned

Game systems I currently own:

Colecovision
3DO
NES (2 of them)
Super NES
N64
Gamecube
Sega Genesis
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Playstation 1 (original and newer style)
Playstation 2 (original and slim style)
X-Box
Custom Neo-Geo 2 slot MVS arcade cabinet
Gameboy (original and color)
Game Gear
Tons of games, guns, controllers, Japanese import crap, memory cards, and everything else to go along with them.........you name it and I've got it.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Harpozep
Try "Typing Of THe Dead" for a real challenge. Same as House, but words appear over the undead and you better type them back quickly or you die
That game is fun as hell but is makes you type some really weird phrases. And you have to love the really bad HOTD acting and script.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:22 PM

c-64 w tape drive (not sure if that counts lol)
colecovision
atari
nes
super nes
dreamcast (bought soly for shenmue ans sega fishing lol)
gameboy (original)
ps1 (modded)
ps2 (old and new, old modded)
xbox 360

now if only 360 would make a fishing controller
Old 08-03-2007, 07:44 PM

Hit me up on MSN or AIM. I'm looking for a rare PS2 game for a relatively reasonable price.

My addy should be in my profile.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:46 AM

There are many video games in my home but I don't use any of them. I stick to Free Cell and Solitaire as my games of choice. My boys are both into them big time and play online as often as they can. College and high speed access are limiting their playing time these days.

Video games can be very good if not overused. I bought my son a version of Roller Coaster Tycoon many years ago and now he's in college studying mechanical engineering in hopes that he can get into the roller coaster design industry.

His brother loved to play Flight Simulator. In his second summer at the Air Force Academy, he found flying gliders relatively easy. Now he's on track to become a Systems Engineer and a pilot.

So video games can be a learning tool. Just don't let them take over your life!
Old 08-04-2007, 10:10 AM

Sandy, video games are a tool to take over my life
I'm currently in college for video game design.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:57 PM

if i could, id buy the old school tron video games...
the original tron game with the light cycles, the deadly disks one, and i think there was another one i cant remember the name of but it had some level where he had to kill some spiders or something in order to get out in some hole
Old 08-04-2007, 01:48 PM

Back in my childhood I was an Intellivision player. I was really excited a few months ago when I found "Intellivision Lives!" on the store shelf. (got my wife a PS2 for Christmas a few years back) The bummer about it? No TRON games (couldn't get the license from Disney), no Activision/Imagic games (was looking forward to playing "Pitfall" and "Microsurgeon" again), the interface for the numeric keypad is mildly annoying, and the greatest travesty? NO BURGERTIME!

Other than that, it's great!

Quick Reply: Video Game Collectors