The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Does Britney Spears deserve all the negative criticism about her VMA performance?
Yes, it was truly a horrible moment in TV history
41.57%
No, she looked fine, and people are being too tough on her
10.11%
The performance was lazy, but stop harping on her looks -- she's hardly fat
48.31%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

VMAs - Britney Spears

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 08:58 AM

"9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'd hit that!"

She looks good for having kids not too long ago. Honestly, I'm surprised she looked that good, considering the circumstances.

I didn't see the performance, and don't care too. Lip syncing is never good, IMO. If you make it big in the music business, you have a responsibility to uphold and use your talent, not fake your own music. It's cheap, rude, and unacceptable.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Banned

So is the way of pop music though. If you think about it logically a lot of pop artist have to lip-synch because of the high amount of dance and so forth that goes into one of their performances. If they were actually singing on top of being winded from their high energy dance routines it would sound like crap and nothing like the studio recordings. I'm not a fan of lip-synching or anything like that but it makes sense to me why pop artists do it and why the fans accept it.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
So is the way of pop music though. If you think about it logically a lot of pop artist have to lip-synch because of the high amount of dance and so forth that goes into one of their performances. If they were actually singing on top of being winded from their high energy dance routines it would sound like crap and nothing like the studio recordings. I'm not a fan of lip-synching or anything like that but it makes sense to me why pop artists do it and why the fans accept it.

Yea... Guess you got me there... Normally I would say I'm there for the music, but in this case, I'd really like to watch her dance
Old 09-11-2007, 09:40 AM

9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'd hit that!"

Yeah, what he said. I think she is still very sexy.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:10 PM

She "Looked" good, to me anyway, but the performance itself left a lot to be desired. Was like she didn't really want to be there. And she shouldn't have been!
Old 09-11-2007, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by ymerej_mortsdnil
[FONT="Arial Black"]For those of you who watched the VMAs last night on MTV,
People still watch MTV? I can't remember the last time I channel surfed by there and a music video was playing.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:27 PM

Please !! Make It Stop !!!! Britney Is Soooooooo Over With !!!!
she needs to go back to the bayou's of Lousiana and do what she does best..... pop out youngins ....
Old 09-11-2007, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
People still watch MTV? I can't remember the last time I channel surfed by there and a music video was playing.
Hopefullly MTV will take the heedings from almost EVERY performer that accepted award.... BRING BACK THE VIDEOS...... enough with the mindless reality shows
Old 09-11-2007, 02:30 PM

she needs to go back to the bayou's of Lousiana and do what she does best..... pop out youngins ....

And she doesn't even do that good, if you consider the whole process (childcare)..
Old 09-11-2007, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by betterof2evils4

And she doesn't even do that good, if you consider the whole process (childcare)..
that's what grandma's are for

Quick Reply: VMAs - Britney Spears