The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

walking dead video game

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 07:39 AM

walking dead video game

I have been playing video games ever since pong in the early seventies. Recently I downloaded the walking dead game off xbla. Holy ****! Can we say gory! I've played them all but this game takes the cake for pushing video games into the xxx category. You have several decisions to make through each episode that affect/effect how the story unfolds. Visually it is brutally beautiful, and is designed to look and feel like a graphic novel/comic book. But then it throws at you very very adult situations, where everything you say and do changes your ingame actions. This is not a Hack and slash dungeon crawler, nor is it a fps.... Its more like LA noir meets monkey island, or any of Sierra's find your fate games of the early nineties. This game has some elements of fps, but more in line with an off the rails dragons lair.

Now that the book report is done..... This is the first game in over thirty years, that has left me hating it and wanting more at the same time. Not to spoil it, but at one point you happen across someone with a leg caught in a bear trap. Of course there are zombies coming, so what do you do? I chose to try and rescue the guy, which means I had to hack through his leg just below the knee with an AX!! It took five swings to get through his leg! EVERY SWING HAD ITS OWN CAMERA ANGLE! The TV show and comic book don't even come close to the gore of the game.... If this is the future of gaming... Count me out. Although I will likely continue playing. The leg incident is just one example.... It gets worse/better depending on what side if the fence your on.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:13 AM

Hmm, maybe I'll have to take a "whack" at this game. I think I just downloaded the demo for PS3.