The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

We Just Cant Have Anything Nice Anymore

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 09:45 PM

We Just Cant Have Anything Nice Anymore

after i got the condensor fixed, i have not had a single problem with this car. the wife and i love it. but, for some reason its a magnet for A-holes.

about 3 weeks ago my wife went to the local mall with the kids, i have her parking farther away in the lots since we have a new car. well she comes out and finds 2 scratches on the drivers rear door. these were light and i could get then out with a little work, WELL.. she went to our local Meijers last night with a friend, mind you her friend is in her 30's and pregnant, she still parks out a distance. it was in the so called (hood), Flint for the people who know the area. well after a fun night of shopping, she walks out and finds a DEEP scratch on the drivers door. it looks like a key did it.

i just cant figure out why any low life scum bag would do this to someone. we take very good care of it and use it as a show piece at certrain events. it wasnt like it was a accidental rub. its a swipe. you can tell buy the way it looks. i wish bad karma on the the person who did this. meanwhile i need to find a painter for an estimate. if its too expensive then i will look into a design for the side and just smooth it out so it isnt noticeable under the vinyl.. well just blowing some steam and giving an update on our HHR. we still love it but the scum of the earth need to dealt with. im not prejudice but giving the area and the time, i cant help but say they bring the bad names on themselves.....no offense to the decent onces out there.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:51 PM

I am so sorry to hear tha.
If I say this I will be sorry, but so far I have not had any problems like that. Now with that said, watch for my post tomorrow night for the Damage.

But I am truely sorry to hear that about your HHR.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:02 PM

Yes this is pretty sad. I would suggest finding another location that is not around a bad neighboorhood.Or if it is like a city find a gated parking garage.It is worth the money you pay.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Steelcity
Yes this is pretty sad. I would suggest finding another location that is not around a bad neighboorhood.Or if it is like a city find a gated parking garage.It is worth the money you pay.
I really don't think it matters were you are. I live in small town Nebraska, about 1500 pop. Oct of last yr (had HHR 3 month) got egged around holloween. One egg cracked the paint.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:29 AM

Sorry to hear about your luck.
It always seems when someone gets something nice, some idiot has to ruin it.
I see that you're in Michigan, have you thought about going to the Henry Ford G2G on Sept 30th?
Old 08-27-2007, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by MrVette
Sorry to hear about your luck.
It always seems when someone gets something nice, some idiot has to ruin it.
I see that you're in Michigan, have you thought about going to the Henry Ford G2G on Sept 30th?
actually we havnt thought of any events since its been back from the dealership on the a/c condensor. now with this recent thing, i am kinda ashamed to drive it anywhere because i dont want people to think i dont care about my car. the first thing people have asked was if the kids did it.. we dont allow them near it and it wasnt there when we left that night so i know it wasnt them... once i get it fixed and a few things done,then i will get to the meets and shows.. i promise
Old 08-27-2007, 08:16 PM

Always sorry to see and or hear when others try so hard to keep their cars nice and some egg head has to toss a monkey wrench into the works. Sorry you’re having to deal with the bumps and bruises, I agree with Daverb it doesn't matter where you’re from. I have always been very respectful of others property and don't understand those who aren't. My first brand new car was a 1979 Z28 Camaro; I made a trip to visit family in El Paso, and stopped at my old back to cash a check. I parked at least 5 spaces away from everyone else to have a man in his 40s pull up on my passenger side gets out and opens his door into mine causing a noticeable dent and paint chip. After I harshed him for his rudeness he took the attitude, that I had just better get use to it. All these years later I still pamper my cars, and I still hate having to park them anywhere. Keep up the good fight!
Old 08-27-2007, 09:30 PM

hmm ithink if parents kicked thier kids asses more often these things wouldnt happen as much...as well as lack of respect for other ppls things...

now of course i dont mean abuse i mean punishment.. trust me in our wetback beaner home, it worked... cuz i know i was a lil jerk at times and it helped me.. well not really but i knew later on if i got caught doing something bad, something bad was gonna happen to me, be it an ass whoopin by other kids, an ugly spankin by my dad, or worse, jail time

ok enough of my rant/opinion....but its happend to my hhr and to my harley truck as well...
its like that kid who did the whoe fire in the hole thing, funny as hell but it could resulted him in getting his ass kicked...he came out on geraldo and i think he said something about discipline
Old 08-27-2007, 09:59 PM

Some peoples children!!

Have you seen my winnnah?