The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

This week is KILLING me!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 10:51 AM

Angry This week is KILLING me!

ok, so saturday i dinged my own door, already ranted about that.

On my way into work this morning i hit a curb while turning the corner. One that I have actually hit before, but usually just a little bump with the rubber. Mainly because the corner sucks, if someone is turning left on the cross street you have to turn short or you will basically hit the car, so instead you hit the curb.

Well today i hit it HARD. Instantly my TPMS goes off! DAMN IT!

So I wasn't that far from where I park for work, hoping I was leaking, and got into a spot. Well the tire is flat. the rim has a huge ding in it and it literally looks like a hole in the sidewall of my tire, I have no idea how that would actually happen. I will be taking photos of it...

So I went to work, took care of some stuff and went back. I jacked my car up so i wasn't sitting on the rim and went back to the curb I hit (my wife came to see how it was and drove me to the curb and back to work). Basically all the concrete on the corner has been broken away from people hitting it, but the giant metal storm drains is still there, so i am pretty sure that is what i hit. I could see rebar too, but there is no way i would have caught that.

None the less I think i am going to call the city and complain too, because i know sometimes there is rules about potholes and such and damage to your car.

So i called discount tire since i didn't buy their replacement certificates (which i should have since before i was going to get them like half off...) and I can still get them, i just need to buy all 4 and a 5th one to cover the damaged tire. So $110 total, which is still better then the $140 it would be to replace the one tire + install etc. so I am fine with 110, then the others will be covered too... New tire is ordered and I'll get in in a few days. So I can either have AAA tow it home or put my donut on for me, and just drive to and from work for now.

But seriously i am still so mad, i can't calm down
Old 04-14-2010, 11:05 AM

SO the rim is ok? I got the certificats when I got mine a little while back. I almost didn't, but deceided the $84 would be worth it since the Eagles were $165 each....

Yea, call the county. I hit a big pothole in my old truck that cut the sidewall. I filed the paperwork and a copy of the reciept for the tire. Took a while, but I got reimbursed.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:33 AM

thanks for the confidence on that, i just left a message with the traffic department of the city.

I don't know if the rim is "ok" yet. it has a big ding in it, but it looks like the edge, so i hope it doesn't affect the tire and it is just cosmetic.

just "happ" it happened this week, since i am going out of town next thursday and i need my car...
Old 04-14-2010, 12:07 PM

I've been looking for a single 18" Cobalt wheel to pick up, "just in case". But hard to find 1 polished in decent shape with our paying more that what I paid for all 4...... But then again, that is what insurance is for.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:15 PM

My buddy hit a pothole in October on i75 in Cincinnati. Out of production 18" Enkei rim was bent...had it repaired and sent all of the paperwork/receipts to ODOT. Just got a certified letter on Friday that basically told him to F off. Hope your's goes better.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:52 PM

Be glad you aren't back in Michigan... I think if you hit a pothole you're SOL. Imagine if everyone got reimbursed for damage from potholes, the state would be broke... Oh wait. Even more broke.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:07 PM

I would find a different way to get to work.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:12 PM

When I have a day like that I turn on the news and look at all the people who have it worse than me. . . . On the flip side these things come in threes so be careful out there!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Libbygu
When I have a day like that I turn on the news and look at all the people who have it worse than me. . . . On the flip side these things come in threes so be careful out there!!!
Good point...it could always be worse. At least you were pulling into a parking lot and not onto the highway. They make cars (and wheels in your case ) everyday. It's a P.I.T.A. but nobody got hurt.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:41 PM

just got my spare on and pulled it around out in front of my office. That wheel is so tiny....

Also found that i had a big freakin staple in the tire too... Hope my new one gets here fast.

Quick Reply: This week is KILLING me!