The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

We're not the fattest!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 01:26 PM

Oh snap!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
At work I also see more hispanic folks coming in who eat nothing but starches and fried foods.
Yeah, but then we burn it all off building, cleaning, and generally maintaining everything for everyone else.
Additionally, if you look at the Top 12, those states have very small percentages of Hispanic populations - for the most part, you don't really get to large numbers of "mi gente" until you hit #13, Texas. Sorry to tell you, but Census figures will show you that the Top 12 on the list are mostly a mixture of White and African-American populations.
Finally - something they can't blame on us. Oh no, wait a minute - they'll all probably say they got that way from eating Mexican food....
Old 08-28-2007, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by PhxHHR
Yeah, but then we burn it all off building, cleaning, and generally maintaining everything for everyone else.
Additionally, if you look at the Top 12, those states have very small percentages of Hispanic populations - for the most part, you don't really get to large numbers of "mi gente" until you hit #13, Texas. Sorry to tell you, but Census figures will show you that the Top 12 on the list are mostly a mixture of White and African-American populations.
Finally - something they can't blame on us. Oh no, wait a minute - they'll all probably say they got that way from eating Mexican food....
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................................Tac o Bell!!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 03:29 PM

Anyone notice 7 of the top 8 are in the south?
Old 08-28-2007, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by mizzouHHR
Anyone notice 7 of the top 8 are in the south?
I noticed that. The only reason #2 is where it's at is because of all of the "fathead" politicians close to D.C.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:08 PM

I did notice the South is leading the way. That's from all those dinners of fried chicken, grits, bisquits, and gravy. They throw in a few greens every once in a while.

What i hate the most is that I much prefer a salad as a side dish but most restaurants offer only french fries. These days, mine go uneaten. What a waste of a good vegetable!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
I did notice the South is leading the way. That's from all those dinners of fried chicken, grits, biscuits, and gravy. They throw in a few greens every once in a while.

What i hate the most is that I much prefer a salad as a side dish but most restaurants offer only french fries. These days, mine go uneaten. What a waste of a good vegetable!
Sandy you just listed my favorite foods Especially biscuits and gravy. Add BBQ ribs and pizza to that and I'm set I'm just lucky I have my two kids. They give me enough exercise to burn all the bad stuff I eat If it wasn't for them I'd be in trouble.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by jayhawker
I noticed that. The only reason #2 is where it's at is because of all of the "fathead" politicians close to D.C.
nice
Old 08-29-2007, 05:57 PM

I would like to see a breakdown by ancestory. Many diets are based on generations of eating habits or affordability. Also, I see many more teenagers who are obese today than I recall when I was a teenager. Let's see a breakdown by age group.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:01 PM

Ha ... #2 for least obese here in MASS

*sucks in cheeks to look gaunt*