The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

We've lost a great friend in the HHR community.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 06:49 AM

We've lost a great friend in the HHR community.

This is a copy of the text of an email I just got from Susann Betts. I had the great pleasure of meeting her and Bill last summer in Oklahoma. It was one of the highlights of the summer for me. he truly loved his HHR and while spending time with him it was obvious he loved his wife and friends much, much more.

His loss can not be measured. he loved this community and the people init. He was so excited to be the first to get his room reservation and to register for the HHRitage Nationals.

Hello Mike,
I am so sorry to have to tell you, my husband of 14 years, Bill,(redrider) has passed away.
He was killed on March 28 about midnight. He was comming home from work when 2 teenagers robbed him and shot him several times as he was getting out of his work van in our drive. I am also sorry to wait so long, I have not been myself since. Our children have moved me and all our lives will be forever changed. His service was Thurs. april 3, he was laid to rest at arkansas state veterans cemetery. The next day the police arrested the two. They are being charged with capital murder, as adults. The kids have said that they wanted to cruise the hhr on the two tours he was going to do...the power tour which starts in Little Rock and ends near his hometown in Nebraska. And they want to try to do Branson hhr natls. So I have kept the hotel reservations and will decide in July if they still want to.....
Could you please let Mooseman and others know??? Take care

Susann Betts
Old 04-11-2008, 06:59 AM

Terrible news...

What a tragic sad story...

Although I've never met him personally, I sure wish I would have.

Sending thoughts and prayers from Angie and myself to his wife and whole family. Maybe we could dedicate part of the upcoming HHRitage Nationals activities in his name or maybe do a special tribute cruise to Bill in his honor since he was so excited to join us?

He sure had a beautiful HHR... and what a nice guy here on the forums...

He'll be missed...

Last edited by Big Kahuna; 04-12-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:15 AM

Very Sad
Old 04-11-2008, 07:23 AM

Very sad news. Thoughts and prayers from us to his family as well.

I think Tim has a great idea, and there should be a dedication at the Nationals, especially if the family is there with his HHR, and of course they approve.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:05 AM

Unhappy

My hearfelt condolence to the Betts Family

Daryl
Old 04-11-2008, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by mizzouHHR
Very sad news. Thoughts and prayers from us to his family as well.

I think Tim has a great idea, and there should be a dedication at the Nationals, especially if the family is there with his HHR, and of course they approve.
I plan on talking to his wife and the board about having a tribute of some sort.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:10 AM

Billy Eugene Betts
September 10, 1947 - March 29, 2008 Billy Eugene Betts, 60, beloved husband and loving father of Little Rock, Arkansas left this world to meet his Heavenly Father on Saturday, March 29, 2008. Mr. Betts was born on September 10, 1947 to the late Willard Fred Betts and Fern Elizabeth McConaha Betts in Nebraska City, Nebraska. Billy served in the Air Force and was a former deacon in the Baptist Church. “Wild Bill” as he was known to his friends and family worked at Hugg and Hall equipment for 28 years. Bill founded many car clubs and was a member of many more. The love of his life was his family and his car which was a Custom 2007 Chevy HHR.

Mr. Betts was preceded in death by his parents and a brother, Jimmy Betts.
He is survived by his wife of over 14 years, Susann Betts of Little Rock, His former wife and mother of his children, Cathy Betts of Little Rock, Arkansas, His four children, Kevin Betts of North Little Rock, Arkansas, Kelly (Matt) Green of Malvern, Arkansas, Branden Mueller of Bartlett, Tennessee and Jake (Heather) Mueller of Cabot, Arkansas, His five siblings, Ray (Nan) Betts of Nebraska City, Nebraska, Peggy (Bill) Pierson of Bonner Springs, Kansas, Len (Kathy) Betts of Sidney, Iowa, Danny (Anita) Betts of Plattsmouth, Nebraska and Sally (John) Helms of Nebraska City, Nebraska, eight grandchildren, Brandon, Bryce, Mattie, Kane, Sawyer, Seth, Ryleigh and Evan and a host of family and friends who will miss him dearly.

Funeral Services will be on Thursday, April 3, 2008 at 11:00 A.M. at Griffin Leggett Rest Hills Funeral Home with Brother Bob Clark Officiating. Burial with military honors will follow at 1:00 P.M. at the Arkansas State Veterans Cemetery in North Little Rock, Arkansas.

Pallbearers will be his fellow workers from Hugg & Hall: Richard McCain, Danny Briggs, Len Ridling, Mark West, Tim Ellis and Rod Rhodes.

Visitation will be from 6:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. on Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at Griffin Leggett Rest Hills Funeral Home 7724 Landers Road North Little Rock, Arkansas (501)835-3515.

Donations may be made to the Arkansas Children’s Hospital 800 Marshall Street Little Rock, Arkansas 72202 or to the charity of your choice.

To sign the online guest register, please visit www.griffinleggett.com

Old 04-11-2008, 08:14 AM

R.I.P. Bill. You'll be missed here...true gentleman.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:28 AM

The stupid things people do. They just arrested a couple of teenagers around here that were on a burgulary spree. Serveral ATM roberies, gas stations, and at least one auto parts store. Lucky here, no one was killed.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
His loss can not be measured. he loved this community and the people init. He was so excited to be the first to get his room reservation and to register for the HHRitage Nationals.
What the hell is wrong with people??

Susann and Bill's family have my condolences, and certainly those of the entire WNY group.

Quick Reply: We've lost a great friend in the HHR community.