The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

We've lost a great friend in the HHR community.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 08:55 AM
jx3

Very sad to hear.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:36 AM

Ironically enough...

Bill's last 2 posts here on the forums the day before he passed, were him giving a "warm welcome" to new members here...

He'll truly be missed around these forums...
Old 04-11-2008, 09:47 AM

Sorry to hear the bad news. Bill sounds like a great guy. May God be with you and your loved ones.

See ya down the road
Bud-Harvey
Old 04-11-2008, 09:50 AM

It is a shame that so many have served our country only to be lost by the criminals here in the stated that will only serve short sentences or a slap on the wrist for their crimes and are out on the streets again. I also never meet Bill, I can feel the lost of a fellow vet
Old 04-11-2008, 01:14 PM

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Betts family and all those who knew and loved this dear man. I am glad they have caught the punks who did this and pray for them to pay for that they have done.

I have signed the guestbook as well. May god be with all of his family during this entire ordeal.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:43 AM

Just keep doing random acts of kindness in Bob's honor and he is never far from us. Clearly, Bob is missed and will forever be a part of his family and this HHR community.

God bless You Bob, for your service, support and smiles.
Keeping the Torch lit for you,

blessings,
Elle'
Old 04-12-2008, 09:23 AM

My thoughts go out to him and his family, I can't believe this has happened.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:27 PM

Wow...very sad news indeed...

I hope those 2 punks get whatever they have coming to them

Goose
Old 04-16-2008, 10:02 PM

Very Very sad news! Our prayers and thoughts are with his family in this very sad time. Our deepest sympathy

What is wrong with people?
Old 07-20-2008, 07:35 PM

Bill's wife sent me this and I thought I'd share it with all of you................

Lemonade Stand Honors Little Rock Murder Victim

Reported by: Kelly Dudzik
Email: kdudzik@fox16.com
Last Update: 6:57 am
Print Story | Email Story

The legacy of a Little Rock man murdered in March lives on. Saturday, his eight grandchildren raised five-hundred dollars for the Children's Miracle Network in his honor. They made all of that money selling lemonade.

Before Betts died, he planned on going to the HHR Nationals car show in Branson. Now, his entire family is taking his car there in his honor along with the donation.

In Cabot, when it comes to selling lemonade, the entire family gets involved. “Sawyer and Mattie, they do the ice, or Sawyer and Riley. And then Caine and Mattie do the lemonade and then I take the money and put it in the jar," explains Bryce Mueller.

It's something Mueller talked about doing with his grandfather earlier this year. "Me and my grandpa were just thinking of stuff that we wanted to do over the summer this year and we thought of a lemonade stand because I've always wanted to do that but then he passed away before the summer so we couldn't do it together," says Bryce.

"They were all very close to their grandfather and he was just absolutely wonderful to them. These were his babies. He did everything for them," says Betts’ daughter, Kelly Green.

After their grandfather died back in March, Green thought it would be a good idea for the kids to have something positive to look back after dealing with all of that sadness, and it seems like this idea worked.

Mueller is looking back on the fun times they shared. "One time, when he was working on the HHR over there, and I was out there watching him, helping him, handing him tools and stuff," says Mueller.

"Oh, he would be so proud of his grandkids. He was proud of anything they did, but I'm sure he's looking down smiling today," says Green.

"I know he'd be really proud of us here. Donating money to a charity and i know that he's in a better place now," says Mueller.

It'll be Mueller's first car show. The kids will present the money at the HHR Nationals next weekend where a trophy will be given out in their grandfather's honor.

As far as the criminal investigation goes, police charged Brandon Aldridge, 18, and Carlos Hall, 17, as adults, with capital murder, aggravated robbery and theft of property.

Copyright 2008 Newport Television LLC All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Quick Reply: We've lost a great friend in the HHR community.