The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Whats wrong with AIG?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 12:10 AM

Post Whats wrong with AIG?

I am sure most of you have heard about the 440,000 dollars retreat some of the top execs of AIG took on the taxpayers. the money for this came out of the Bail Out funding. WTF? Seems time to send some of them to a Federal Prison, and not one of the camps, but behind some fencing.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:27 AM

That's what people voted for.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:08 AM

Unfortunately if this was the worst decision they had made with other people's money over the last decade they would have needed only a $440,000 bailout.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:20 AM

People voted? Not I, I didn't get a chance. My idiot Senators & Congressman voted for it. That is why they will not get my vote when it's election time.
Nothing is wrong with AIG, they are acting just the way that got them in trouble in the first place. If you listen closely, you can hear an entire country of citizens saying "I told you so".
I switched my auto insurance from AIG to Allstate, I hope everyone else dumps them too.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:34 AM

The imorality of these big corporations is beyond belief. Did you see the former president of AIG testify yesterday? He got $15 million to leave while the chairman got $22 million, both to just leave. At least the chaiman said he won't take the money.

And now McCain suggests (and I am not picking on McCain personally here - I'm picking on the entire concept of how screwed up we have become) - that people who bought houses can now somehow declare a new "fair market value" to them and that becomes their new purchase price.

Think about that - they make a bad decision to say buy a house for $300,000 a couple of years ago, and now because it is worth $200,000, they only owe that much. The guy that sold them the house keeps the $300,000 and we the taxpayers foot the bill. That's just a continuation of the bailout. Oh, by the way, the stock I bought last year at $70 a share is now at $29. Can I have a refund for the difference?

What a free-fall we are in worldwide. Say hello to bankrupties, business closings and inflation big time.

What I find so amazing is how out of touch all of these people are with the rest of the world. While we regular guys and gals work our asses off to make $15 to $30 thousand a year, these greedy bastards suck the blood out of us.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:25 AM

The spiel that one of the AIG Execs said that they needed to do this to keep the team on board...those that drove the company into bankruptsey? They didn't want too many to jump ship to other places that are alkso down the tube.

The execs like out elected politicians are great at spending other peoples money without feeling guilty.

I'm disgusted at this "bailout" and once the $750B-$850B is gone, the hands will be out for more.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:36 AM

Absolutely mind boggling the audacity of these organizations.

Steve Miller said it best....take the money and run.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:31 PM

Ajochum, well said. I am completely AGAINST the McCain plan to re-write the principal down to fair market value. THAT IS COMPLETE BS ! What about those of us that bought within our means and have kept current on our mortgages ! ? ! ? How come WE can't have our remaining principal balance reduced to current market value and the loan re-cast at a subsidized rate? F_@#ing B_ll*****. Those of us that made the right decisions and lived within our means all these years are now being robbed and slapped in the face by our own federal government and our financial industry. THIS CR@P MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL ! ! !
Old 10-08-2008, 12:37 PM

And as for those pukes at AIG, they are literally thumbing their noses at us stooge tax payers, laughing all the way to the luxury spa at the resort that our money bought them the junket to. If it was a chartered jet, I'd say too bad it didn't crash but I wouldn't want that to happen to the crew.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:51 PM

#$%*& %$#@* ^$%&#^&

I just explain how ticked off I am about this whole bail out thing
The ink wasn't even dry and AIG thought it was OK to spend about a half million of OUR money on a trip for it's execs..

OK, I'm done now..

OK, now I'm done.

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with AIG?