The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

What's Your Opinion of the Dixie Chicks Now?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by JimZ_HHR
Just like Margaret Cho... No longer care for them....

P.s. I'm probably the ONLY gay person that does like Bush !!
Maybe the only one on the site
Name:  icon_sgay.gif
Views: 14
Size:  13.4 KB cuz I sure don't
Old 02-12-2007, 09:32 PM

I generally stay away from politics, but I'll bite on this one. Some of you may know I am a huge fan of country music. I refuse to listen to anything the Dixie Chicks put out. Sure they have freedom of speech and can say what ever they wish, but I also have that same right, and choose not to listen to thier "music". What bothers me most about her comments is she made them outside of the country. I think she knew those comments would not fly in this country, and especially in front of country music fans here. For me it goes much deeper than just the comments about President Bush, she also made comments about Toby Kieth, and every country music star who wrote or sang a patriotic song. She is not just anti Bush, but anti American, and she has no place in country music.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Maybe the only one on the site
cuz I sure don't
True dat.... when his approval rating gets down to 3%, it'll be his dad, mom and me...... cuz we know Laura doesnt seem to have any opinion on anything.... what happened to the days when First Lady's had their little pet causes.....
Old 02-12-2007, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by JimZ_HHR
True dat.... when his approval rating gets down to 3%, it'll be his dad, mom and me...... cuz we know Laura doesnt seem to have any opinion on anything.... what happened to the days when First Lady's had their little pet causes.....
hmmmm, makes me wonder?..........................You got a crush on Bush?
Old 02-12-2007, 09:43 PM
jx3

Old 02-12-2007, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
It's gettin' good!!
Old 02-12-2007, 09:58 PM

Hey, gay people are allowed to pick on each other
Old 02-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Founding Member

It's good as long as it's all kept 'respectful'. Be careful gang, lets not let this one get ut of hand.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:56 PM

My wife listens to them alot,not really my taste. But I have alot of respect for them for speaking there minds instead of being sheep and going along with the flock. I was amazed that they got death threats from people who said they were un-american. Last I heard freedom of speach was american.
Bruce Springsteen on a live recording of War spoke out against have blind faith in anyone because in todays day and age it will get you killed. As I recall no one said a thing about him.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:57 PM

I was a fan of the Dixie Chicks, I still like some of the new stuff they put out. Country music is all about being real and raw and they have put out some really good stuff lately. I don't really care too much about what they said about Bush, in fact I like to see someone stir up a little bit of contraversy becuase it makes life more interesting. What really bothered me was when they went after Toby, why would you even want to mess with a guy like that?? I was shocked when the Toby/Chicks feud started and it was pretty disgraceful when Natalie wore the FYTK shirt (at least I think that's what it was, it's been a while.)

Quick Reply: What's Your Opinion of the Dixie Chicks Now?