The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: What do you do for an income / living?
Automotive [Sales / Repair / Customize]
12.02%
Customer Service [Retail Sales / Phone Support]
7.21%
Legal [Law Enforcement / Lawyer / Court Services / Government]
9.62%
Manufacturing [Non-Automotive]
13.03%
Other [Computers and others not listed]
58.12%
Voters: 499. You may not vote on this poll

Where Do You Work?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 10:06 PM

Smile A dieing breed can be a good thing.

I install highend wall coverings --- Leather - Suede - Silk - Wood - Most fabics - Grass clothes - Hand painted (and printed) Murals , And just about anything that can be put on a wall or cieling. Hanging a $ 500.00 - 9'x3' foot piece of hand painted paper made in europe is not uncommon , though a bit nerve racking . And i have NEVER had a dissapointed customer ( 7 - years wall coverings exclusively ) .
I work on the north shore of chicago 80% of the time ( Lake Forest-Winetka-Glencoe-Willmet-Highland park-Evanston-Ect. , Or i'm in the Loop in a highrise, or some times the n.w. subs.
I have worked in some of the most amazing homes, Many that would be the front page story of Arct. digest or Better homes and gardens, up to 29,000 sq ft in barrington,
A 9 mil. new constuction in naperville.
Did the photo paper in a 2 mil. toy train room in barrington (on chanel 7 news last week as one of the 21 most expensive x-mas gifts).
I've worked for the CEO of boeing , executive prod. of the O.winfrey show , The owner of Shure electronics - Mrs. Shure , Chicago radio personalities , vice pres of borg warner , frank fontana- design on a dime - tv show, (dime, ya right)

Thankfully most of the poeple i work for will never be effected by the economy.

Cheers !

Last edited by THE BATMAN; 12-18-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:50 PM

interior refrigerator inventory management

i also work part time for the advocation of women's rights

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-18-2008, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by ScreaminBlkSS
I install highend wall coverings --- Leather - Suede - Silk - Wood - Most fabics - Grass clothes - Hand painted (and printed) Murals , And just about anything that can be put on a wall or cieling. Hanging a $ 500.00 - 9'x3' foot piece of hand painted paper made in europe is not uncommon , though a bit nerve racking . And i have NEVER had a dissapointed customer ( 7 - years wall coverings exclusively ) .
I work on the north shore of chicago 80% of the time ( Lake Forest-Winetka-Glencoe-Willmet-Highland park-Evanston-Ect. , Or i'm in the Loop in a highrise, or some times the n.w. subs.
I have worked in some of the most amazing homes, Many that would be the front page story of Arct. digest or Better homes and gardens, up to 29,000 sq ft in barrington,
A 9 mil. new constuction in naperville.
Did the photo paper in a 2 mil. toy train room in barrington (on chanel 7 news last week as one of the 21 most expensive x-mas gifts).
I've worked for the CEO of boeing , executive prod. of the O.winfrey show , Chicago radio personalities , vice pres of borg warner , frank fontana- design on a dime - tv show, (dime, ya right)

Thankfully most of the poeple i work for will never be effected by the economy.

Cheers !

you have pics of your work?
Old 12-18-2008, 07:40 PM

I work at a highly automated commercial bakery in Boston. I have the wonderful title of "Plant Engineer". I keep the place running. We don't have one machine that we have not modified in some way and when we could not buy it, we would make it.

I have a U.S. Patent on one that we made, sold a few copies of it to other bakeries. The others were just not marketable but sure made our operation easier.

I have a licenced electrician, I have a re-fridge licence and weld and do all the machining, and we both are pretty much jack of all trades guys so all the bases are covered. I also have a few other guys for the other shifts, we run 24-6-1/2 so we are kept busy with 4 separate lines in the plant.

We go through about 150,000 pounds of flour a week and employ 100 people.

I have been doing this for 30+ years and it does not get old. I am but the work doesn't. We only make breads and rolls for restaurants, sub shops, schools and the like, no grocery stores, too much of a pain.

The place is called "Quinzani's Bakery" and anyone showing up in a HHR gets the nickle tour!
Old 12-18-2008, 08:17 PM

I'm a Heavy Equipment Operator on a pipeline construction crew. I operate excavators, We install sewer ,water and drain utilities for cities and towns in Mass., mostly in the city of Boston.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:33 PM

I work for a local school district and a teacher (5th grade) and a varsity girls' swim coach. This is my 39th year.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:29 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by soccerjunky
you have pics of your work?
I have added some pics to my gallery, thanks for asking. Saddly i lost a few hundred pictures in a computer crash (live and learn) a few months ago, and latley i've been shooting the scenery. The guitars are just a hobby, They look great for show , but not to durrable for lot's of playing. Ya gotta have fun too, Thats why i love what i do , It is a fun and intresting trade.

P.S. Love the VIPER ! I would love to see the F 430
Old 12-29-2008, 07:21 AM

I've been here for 34 years Name:  08.gif
Views: 8
Size:  7.4 KB

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 12-29-2008 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Reduced pic size
Old 12-29-2008, 10:49 AM

I work at inter-co print making auto trader magazines.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:23 AM

Thumbs up Dumpsterdiver,

sell scrap metal , fix mowers, motorcycles, to sell , sell junk , buy junk , paint , carpentry, all construction/maintainance trades, clean gutters , haul junk/trash , and drive like am in nascar everynight 270+ miles. FOR REAL!!! it helps me sleep better, not rich with $ yet , but really don't care-it would probably just get me in trouble.

Quick Reply: Where Do You Work?