The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: What do you do for an income / living?
Automotive [Sales / Repair / Customize]
12.02%
Customer Service [Retail Sales / Phone Support]
7.21%
Legal [Law Enforcement / Lawyer / Court Services / Government]
9.62%
Manufacturing [Non-Automotive]
13.03%
Other [Computers and others not listed]
58.12%
Voters: 499. You may not vote on this poll

Where Do You Work?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Platinum Member

Work, work, ...what's that???

Sorry Dan

Guess I missed that because you said something about working out of your house. I think that is kind of "semi-retired"
Old 05-30-2006, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by dan-d
This in itself is a full time job, a big to all you mommies. -Dan
Amen, brother!
Old 05-30-2006, 09:38 PM
Banned

Yup, that's my wifes job. But that means I have to work twice as hard. Well...............not really but it sounds good.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Banned

Alright, what I do for a living. I work for a large privately owned machining and manufacturing company that has their hands in a little bit of everything. We do business with 40 different Fortune 500 companies including several names you would know. My business card says shipping and receiving supervisor/outsourcing. What I actually do. I am in charge of two of our four docks, I manage our inventory at our main machining facility, I manage material flow though our main machining facility, I am in charge of the packing department, I am in charge of our inbound and outbound trucking including our truck, I am in charge of outsourcing our parts to the various platers and other companies that do work on our parts, and lots of other odd jobs related to my responsibilities that I am leaving out. But I have shifted around through a lot of positions in my five years with the company but I have been in this position for the longest of them all.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Sorry Dan

Guess I missed that because you said something about working out of your house. I think that is kind of "semi-retired"
Well, sorta semi-retired. I pick and chose the jobs I take or when I don't want to work at all. So I guess I'm retired when I wanna be...
Old 05-30-2006, 11:04 PM

Smile sales 8in L.A.

Better late than never!
I work for Parts Unlimited an after market distributor in the Motorcycle industry. I am a Sales Rep In SO. Cal.
I drive my HHR all over L.a. and love it.
SANDY DIX I sell Progressive!I Know Larry Langly very well tell him Steve D says Hi
Old 05-30-2006, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Alright, what I do for a living. I work for a large privately owned machining and manufacturing company that has their hands in a little bit of everything. We do business with 40 different Fortune 500 companies including several names you would know. My business card says shipping and receiving supervisor/outsourcing. What I actually do. I am in charge of two of our four docks, I manage our inventory at our main machining facility, I manage material flow though our main machining facility, I am in charge of the packing department, I am in charge of our inbound and outbound trucking including our truck, I am in charge of outsourcing our parts to the various platers and other companies that do work on our parts, and lots of other odd jobs related to my responsibilities that I am leaving out. But I have shifted around through a lot of positions in my five years with the company but I have been in this position for the longest of them all.
WOW I am shocked I always guessed CH worked in a Dungeon
Old 05-31-2006, 06:02 PM

This is cool to see what everybody does. I am Mom to 2 girls under 10 which takes up lots of time. I work several jobs at church(where they actually pay me!) I also make stuff and do alterations out of my house. I actually just made removable head rest covers for another HHR owner here in town.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by SewHHR
This is cool to see what everybody does. I am Mom to 2 girls under 10 which takes up lots of time. I work several jobs at church(where they actually pay me!) I also make stuff and do alterations out of my house. I actually just made removable head rest covers for another HHR owner here in town.
Do you have any pix of them?
Old 05-31-2006, 06:30 PM

I own my own computer repair, web deisgn and hosting company

Quick Reply: Where Do You Work?