The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: DO YOU LIKE MY NEW STICKER???
Love It!!!
55.07%
Hate It!!!
14.49%
Could Care Less!!!
30.43%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Where's my bailout -- pictures!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 09:01 AM

I love how people say, if the government gave everyone money it wouldn't work, or it wouldn't be much.

Obviously they haven't put much thought into that.... :-) My friends think the complete opposite of me... But then again, I guess that's what happens when I'm a liberal living in a conservative town...

I agree with you!
Old 03-21-2009, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
I love how people say, if the government gave everyone money it wouldn't work, or it wouldn't be much.

Obviously they haven't put much thought into that.... :-) My friends think the complete opposite of me... But then again, I guess that's what happens when I'm a liberal living in a conservative town...

I agree with you!
Thank you. I don't know much, but I do know that they are pissing our money down the toilet and giving it to the wrong people.

I think all of these Banks and Companies should go out of business, only the ones who actually are doing things wrong, like AIG! Those crooks!!!
Old 03-21-2009, 09:51 AM

Love the sticker and love the idea but I did pick "Hate It" just because that thing's fricking huge.

Would make me chuckle if I was behind you but then would become a distraction while driving.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:44 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by NxlKing2304
What would you do with 250,000.
If the $250,000 wasn't taxed and I got all of it I would pay off my house, my two cars and the remainder I would put into savings for my kids college.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by NxlKing2304
My Bailout:
If they too the first Bailout wich was likee 700 Million i believe and spread it across every taxpayer over the age of 18, we would have received aroundd 250,000 each.
You better recheck your figures on how many US tax payers there are Your scenario only covers 2800 people.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 03-21-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:43 PM

Started before Bush...Didn't Chrysler already get bailed out once?? Bush really added fuel to the fire though. Policies that let companies self regulate etc. I guess no one learned from the S&L collapse, etc. (ever watch the show "smartest men in the room?). From 1 Canadians point of view, Bush was a complete moron. Of course, people tend to forget over time. I hear everyone praising Reagan, but no one ever brings up "Reagonomics", the trickle down theory. That was a mess too!
Old 03-21-2009, 03:33 PM

none of these so called "bailouts" work. It does nothing but prolong the enevitible, the closure of business. But where one goes out, another comes in to take its place. I did not vote for Obama either, but I feel sorry for him as no matter what he does there is somone that is going to be upset about it. I think that this is one of the best things that could happen to America, if it were allowed to happen. You want to stop all of these big companies.......DONT GIVE THEM MONEY!!! Its as simple as that, I love GM, but its crappy practices and failure to re-tool as put it in a position to go out of business. And it should, survival of the fitess is what I believe in
Old 03-21-2009, 03:38 PM

Coming from an area that is/was dependent on GM, I understand why people think it should go out of business, but since I'm from this area, I think it would be worse if it did. Do you know how many people would be affected if GM goes out of buiness and no one works for them? Think of every employee would be out of a job. They, and their family would spend less. If GM is gone, so are the suppliers, so they fire everyone, and they don't spend then. If the factory is closed, no one goes to the bar down the street, so they close and fire people, who in turn don't spend as much money.

When no one spends as much money, the stores that sell goods aren't making as much, so they lay off people, who in turn don't spend as much money.

I know this because I live in one of the hardest hit areas of the country, and where GM said screw you to half of the area. I also am laid off because of people not shopping as much. So, I'm not just talking out my butt here...

My $0.02.

Last edited by urbexHHR; 03-21-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:12 PM

I don't think anyone thinks GM should go out of business. They need to go into Chapter 11 bankruptcy. There is a huge difference. By going Chapter 11 the courts will set up a plan allowing GM to pay off their debts, set terms with the unions that they can manage to run a company under and deal with any other issues they might have. This is how after less than 2 years K Mart came out of bankruptcy and was actually able to buy Sears.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by 09 Panel
I don't think anyone thinks GM should go out of business. They need to go into Chapter 11 bankruptcy. There is a huge difference. By going Chapter 11 the courts will set up a plan allowing GM to pay off their debts, set terms with the unions that they can manage to run a company under and deal with any other issues they might have. This is how after less than 2 years K Mart came out of bankruptcy and was actually able to buy Sears.
Yes, that I agree with. I think (like I would assume most people think), the best thing would be is if GM can survive on their own, which looks doubtful unless the economy picks up, and soon. Then like you said, Chapter 11, here we come. They keep saying that no one will buy from a bankrupt company, but did people shop at K-mart? Yes. Are people buying GM cars now? No. People are already afraid the company will go under anyways....so what's the difference? I know I was hesitant about my warranty being valid, and I know I'm not the only one. (Yes, I now know my warranty will still be valid).

Besides, if anyone here WANTS GM to go bankrupt, why are you driving an HHR?

Quick Reply: Where's my bailout -- pictures!!!