The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: DO YOU LIKE MY NEW STICKER???
Love It!!!
55.07%
Hate It!!!
14.49%
Could Care Less!!!
30.43%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Where's my bailout -- pictures!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 04:29 PM

I strongly doubt GM will survive on their own. Plain and simple even if you don't like it the problem is the contracts with the unions and the unwillingness of the unions to work with them on terms. The only way they can solve that is Chapter 11 and it should have been done already rather than giving them all the money they have already received. If they had been forced to go Chapter 11 months ago GM would already be on the road to recovery. A little secret the media has not spread around is that the government office setup to over see the car companies getting the money has hired a team of bankruptcy lawyers to be on their staff.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by 09 Panel
Plain and simple even if you don't like it the problem is the contracts with the unions and the unwillingness of the unions to work with them on terms.
Yep... Just don't tell my dad or grandpa that I said that...
Old 03-21-2009, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
You better recheck your figures on how many US tax payers there are Your scenario only covers 2800 people.
I was just quoeting what I heard on the news. Maybe I fudged up the numbers somewhere? Maybe it was 700 bilion? I forget, anyway, My point is thatthe people would actually use the money not piss it on vacations like these corporate butt holes are doing.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:11 PM

Assuming that this whole thing is Bush's fault or Obama's fault, or Reagan's fault, or Carter's fault, or any President's fault is simply passing the blame. It's just the same as saying "Guns kill people". If thats the case then " Pencils cause kids to mis-spell words".

Truth is; We as Americans are quick to crucify anyone we can to keep us from facing the truth. This country is the way it is because we have too many "lines" that we must not cross. 1st. Racism is dead, it died ALONG time ago. If you are claiming Racism is still alive, you are the root of THAT problem.

2nd. "IN GOD WE TRUST" is what our country is based on; consider the alternative; if "In Satan you trust" then that explains why YOU think this country is going to hell.

3rd. Yes this is the "Land of the Free" but that does not mean you are FREE to come here to America (Illegally) and assume you are entitled to FREE housing, FREE food, FREE health care, FREE Etc... and then claim we are "racists" when you don't get your FREE stuff, but I will tell what is FREE. You are FREE to come here and make a better life for your family (who is also here), you are FREE to learn the language of our forefathers,(English) you are FREE to find an honest paying job to support your family,(McDonalds and Burger King are honest paying jobs) and you are also FREE to become a productive, law abiding, tax paying citizen of the U.S. of A. or you can excersise another FREEdom and thats the FREEdom to leave.

Folks, I can keep going all night, but I chose not to because I may hurt someones "wittle felwings". The truth is; until WE put our foot down and take back what our forefathers faught for ,"AMERICA", this political cow pattie chunkin contest is going to spiral out of control.

I'M DONE!
Old 03-21-2009, 07:15 PM

Thank you tireman!!!!
Old 03-21-2009, 07:28 PM

Well said!
Old 03-21-2009, 07:35 PM

Absolutely!!! Nicely said!!!
Old 03-21-2009, 07:38 PM

My question would be why is it so hard for our "elected officials" to understand things like that??
Old 03-21-2009, 07:53 PM

If I had to guess, they're being bought out or something....

I don't really care for lobbyists.

Have any of you heard of Dennis Kucinich?
Old 03-21-2009, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid

Have any of you heard of Dennis Kucinich?

You mean Mr. UFO???

The question is how did he marry that babe???

Quick Reply: Where's my bailout -- pictures!!!