The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: DO YOU LIKE MY NEW STICKER???
Love It!!!
55.07%
Hate It!!!
14.49%
Could Care Less!!!
30.43%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Where's my bailout -- pictures!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by 09 Panel
You mean Mr. UFO???

The question is how did he marry that babe???
HA HA HA HA HA!!! My thoughts exactly!!!

I know everyone's opinions vary, so don't go attacking me on this one.... But I voted for him in the primary. He seemed like one of the only honest people out there. (Ron Paul was a close second...)
Old 03-21-2009, 08:57 PM

Last year they gave us a $600.00 stimulas package, This year they handing out trillions of our tax money to businesses and calling it a "Bailout". Why don't the goverment just give the US taxpayer all this Bailout money and let us spend it on our HHR's (I'd buy an HHR SS with my share to help out GM )
Old 03-21-2009, 09:32 PM

As Bill Clinton said:

"We can't give you a tax break, you won't spend the money correctly"

Don't hold me to the exact words but that was the statement. And most of our Congress feels exactly the same way, only they know how to spend the money. Hell our Prez has said over and over that only government can fix these things.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by 09 Panel
As Bill Clinton said:

"We can't give you a tax break, you won't spend the money correctly"

Don't hold me to the exact words but that was the statement. And most of our Congress feels exactly the same way, only they know how to spend the money. Hell our Prez has said over and over that only government can fix these things.
And they are doing such a good job at it too!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by NxlKing2304
I was just quoeting what I heard on the news. Maybe I fudged up the numbers somewhere? Maybe it was 700 bilion?
Billion it was, millions are just pocket change these days.

Originally Posted by TEB-HHR
Why don't the goverment just give the US taxpayer all this Bailout money and let us spend it on our HHR's (I'd buy an HHR SS with my share to help out GM )
Problem is that a lot of people are justifiably scared for their futures and would just use it to pay down debt, build up savings...the things we should have done before blowing everything on new 60" TVs and Xboxes. Mind, if we all paid off our debts, we wouldn't need banks any more....
Old 03-23-2009, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by pg318
Billion it was, millions are just pocket change these days.

Problem is that a lot of people are justifiably scared for their futures and would just use it to pay down debt, build up savings...the things we should have done before blowing everything on new 60" TVs and Xboxes. Mind, if we all paid off our debts, we wouldn't need banks any more....
But isn't that what the banks/AIG are doing for themselves??? Keeping the bailout monies for themselves and padding their accounts and giving out bonuses to whom...themselves? I guess the rich get richer and the rest of us....well.....
Old 03-23-2009, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by TEB-HHR
But isn't that what the banks/AIG are doing for themselves??? Keeping the bailout monies for themselves and padding their accounts and giving out bonuses to whom...themselves? I guess the rich get richer and the rest of us....well.....
They have a far better picture than we do about their balance sheets, and just how many loans they have that are going to go bad. I suspect their anxiety to build up their balance sheets is well-founded. I think that the latest bailout will end up showing that if valued fairly (so that the government isn't handed the worthless tar-baby) these loans make them insolvent by having to take the writedowns, and they'll try to hide the truth for a while yet. Worked in Japan, sorta, for a few years...
Old 06-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Founding Member

Here is how the stimulas works.

It is the month of August, a resort town sits next to the shores of a lake. It is raining, and the little town looks totally deserted. It is tough times, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit.

Suddenly, a rich tourist comes to town.

He enters the only hotel, lays a 100 dollar bill on the reception counter, and goes to inspect the rooms upstairs in order to pick one.

The hotel proprietor takes the 100 dollar bill and runs to pay his debt to the butcher.

The Butcher takes the 100 dollar bill, and runs to pay his debt to the pig raiser.

The pig raiser takes the 100 dollar bill, and runs to pay his debt to the supplier of his feed and fuel.

The supplier of feed and fuel takes the 100 dollar bill and runs to pay his debt to the town's prostitute that in these hard times, gave her "services" on credit.

The hooker runs to the hotel, and pays off her debt with the 100 dollar bill to the hotel proprietor to pay for the rooms that she rented when she brought her clients there.

The hotel proprietor then lays the 100 dollar bill back on the counter so that the rich tourist will not suspect anything.

At that moment, the rich tourist comes down after inspecting the rooms, and takes his 100 dollar bill, after saying that he did not like any of the rooms, and leaves town.

No one earned anything. However, the whole town is now without debt, and looks to the future with a lot of optimism .

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how the United States Government is doing business today.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by NxlKing2304
Ok, Here are my opinions, and they will probably be a little different than alot of people. Here we go.

I believe that Bush screwed this economy up years ago and we starting to feel the effects early last year. The 1st bailout was in place by Bush and signed by Obama. The 2nd bailout was signed by Obama. I personally didn't vote for Obama, however I believe he is trying as hard as he can, and to be quite honest I respect him because I woul definately not want to be in his shoes. He was elected into a HUGE Mess, that most of which bush created in one form or another. I feel the Government keeps kickin me in my private place, by giving MY money away to these BIG companies who just blow it on vacations, and don't do anything conrtsuctive with it. I am sick and tired of getting screwed. I'm part of the middle class, and I hate it. WHERE'S MY BAILOUT!!

Here's my thought process on the bailouts:
The Government (WE) are giving all of these corporate a$$holes all this money so they can keep it for themselves. NONE of these CEO's shouldd be geting ANY bonuses, regardless of their contracts. I have NEVER worked at a job where you get a bonus to FAIL. In that case, I'm a salesman who doesn't do anything and make no money, and also loses the company millions of dollars. I should get a bonus??? I DON'T THINK SO.

My Bailout:
I strongly believe that the Government is looking at this the wrong way. WHO makes this country what it is??? WE DO. Not the big companies. If they too the first Bailout wich was likee 700 Million i believe and spread it across every taxpayer over the age of 18, we would have received aroundd 250,000 each. What would you do with 250,000. Me personally -- I would buy a new HHR SS, which would help the auto industry. I would buy a house, which woul help the real estate market, and I would pay off ALL of my credit card debt, which would help the credit card companies, and I would pay off any loans, whch would hlep the Banks.

Thoughts?? I have my opinions and I would love to hear everybody elses. Please I ask though we keep this thread as professional as we can towards each other.

The bailout that happened during the Bush term was not something he wanted to sign. That bail out was designed by the same dirt bag congress that designed the 2nd bailout.
People you guys got to stop blaming Bush for what the Democrats in Congress did.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:49 PM

Rich get Richer, Poor get Poorer. This is the way this county thinks.

All the Bailout Money WE our paying went to the CEO's Bank Accounts. Every single CEO that took Bailout Money Should be fired of should work atleast one year without pay. Kinda how the Auto Makers did. Yet nobody else feels they should or have to. This is the entire conception of Manufacturing. Nobody gives a crap send it all to China,India,Mexico etc. Then sit back when all Hell breaks loose and say uh'
Now just image if we would actually still Built things. There would be less unemployed people number one. The hole trickle effect would have not been as bad.

Secondly the economy woes are also in part to Banks loaning Money to people and they knew darn well the people would never be able to afford it. Anyone that had a job was able to get a loan.

Whatever happen to how it was in the 70's where 80% of your income had to be open they ran credit checks etc. Kinda how they are doing it again. No More Money Down Crap etc.

Third-Housing price's went out of control in the late 90's someone should have stepped on that-(Gov't)

As anything goes the entire economy fell apart because of one Word GREED.

Gotta love how these State our holding special (summer) Session's in order to get a budget it together. One problem there making etc Money. In IL everyday there dam special session is in it cost IL Tax Payer's 40K a Day.

How about they work for free that's why they were elected and all make over 100k a Year. Life must be hard doing what we were (trained/Elected) to carry out.

Don't even get me started on the B.S. Student loan system either.

Quick Reply: Where's my bailout -- pictures!!!