The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

White Castle.....Bon Bons for guys

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 06:27 PM

Good ol Belly Bombers. Maybe Mike can hook me up when I'm in St. Louis. I am also going to be honered with meeting a member of the White Caste Hall of Fame on the 21st!
Old 10-13-2006, 06:37 PM

Sounds like a good Idea, I should pick some up to eat on the way to Starve Rock on the 21st, After all I'll be riding by myself and following the crazy nutcases in front of me.

Old 10-13-2006, 06:52 PM

White Castle Rocks

Went back east this summer to see family and that was one stop we had to make.
The kids had never had them and laughed about when I talked about going.
Of course they laughed even harder when we pulled up to one and seen the size of the place, laughed again when they seen the burgers, but they ate them and wanted more
My oldest son even went back and asked for one of the little boxes they put the sliders in so he could bring it back to Az and show his grandmother he got to vist a white castle.
True they are not all that great but it is a midwest thing that if you have never lived there you just would not understand.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:54 PM

I'm not sure I want to ride 4-5 hours with Stubby after a few of those! I guess I'll have to load up too! Looks like we'll be driving with the windows down!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:10 PM

I love them! butt they hate me!!! so for me its a no no!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:37 PM

The chicken and fish are fine, the hamburgers? will put me in the mens room real quick, and I know the guy who bakes White Castle buns, he won't comment......
Old 10-13-2006, 10:44 PM

I could bring my White Castles Hall of Fame pin for Stubby to see...maybe we can let him wear it for some pics...There is nothing better than a day in the city (Chicago) and a stop at the White Castle in Bollingbrook for a dozen double cheeseburgers, cheese fries and a really big soda!!! Any questions as to how I made the Hall of Fame...hahaha
Old 10-15-2006, 01:24 PM

Down in the southeast they have Krystals, a cheap imitation of White Castle. They're not nearly as good. They put mustard on them! They sell frozen White Castles in the store but they just don't taste the same. At least, we're finally getting some Steak 'N Shakes down here!

Growing up in St. Louis, White Castle was sometimes the only fast food place our family of 7 could afford. As an adult, it was "the" place to be after a night of partying at Laclede's Landing. On any trips home we make sure to stop for a bag-full even if we feel the affects later!
Old 10-15-2006, 03:14 PM

[QUOTE=SandyBeach]Down in the southeast they have Krystals, a cheap imitation of White Castle. They're not nearly as good. They put mustard on them! They sell frozen White Castles in the store but they just don't taste the same. At least, we're finally getting some Steak 'N Shakes down here!

I agree!!!!!! WHITE CASTLE ROCKS!!!!!
Old 10-15-2006, 03:41 PM

Sandy, it is so cool that Steak and Shake is coming your way...my wife and I are serious Steak and Shake fans, we have a restaurant across the river in East Peoria with booths that face the river, a nice place to sit and have a meal while waching the boats and barges passing...Man, here I am in another food post...I guess I really am a "foodie"...

Quick Reply: White Castle.....Bon Bons for guys