The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

why we need a death penalty (man kills daughter after she unplugs xbox)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 12:36 PM

why we need a death penalty (man kills daughter after she unplugs xbox)

PHILADELPHIA -- A 25-year-old North Philadelphia man has been charged with killing his young daughter.
The mother said 17-month-old Alayiah was violently punched by Tyrone Spellman over a video game.
"My baby is gone at the hands of her father," Mia Turman said tearfully. "I have to put her in the ground, I shouldn't have to do this."

As the 21-year-old took a nap inside their row-home on the 1500 block of 29th Street, Turman left Alayiah in the care of Spellman, who also goes by the name Anwar Salahuddin.
Turman said that when she woke, "I asked why my baby not breathing. He says, 'She's breathing.' Her eyes were closed."
Turman phoned police around noon. Medics responded and took Alayiah to Temple University Hospital, where the little girl was pronounced dead at 12:37 p.m.
Police arrested Spellman, who lives on the 1500 block of North 29th Street, over the weekend.
He was charged with murder, endangering the welfare of a child and possessing an instrument of crime.
A medical examiner performed an autopsy on the child.
"His confession was she pulled the cords in the game, the system is -- the box itself -- fell, and he was upset and then responsible for paying for the game, so he hit her in her face twice," Turman said, adding that Spellman also allegedly slung the child over a chair.
Eight-months pregnant with another baby girl, Turman was struggling with how to cope. She said she fell in love with a man who had never been violent before, and she wanted to know what would possess someone to kill a child.

"You can't give me a good enough answer to say why you would kill your baby," Turman said.
The couple's second baby will be born with her dad charged with killing the sister she never met.
"I do not understand this. I will never understand this," Turman said.

Old 10-03-2006, 12:50 PM

that is so very sad!
Old 10-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Banned

I am in complete shock after reading that! That is truly F'd up!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe someone would actually beat their own child to death over a video game! Even if you don't have a death penalty the fool gave himself a death penalty by becoming a baby killer. Prison still has it's own code of ethics believe it or not.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:49 PM

Truly a sad thing. There is so much violence against children going on these days. Look at all the recent school shootings and all the innocent children injured or killed at the hands of a total stranger in most cases.

Sad state of affairs these days.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I am in complete shock after reading that! Even if you don't have a death penalty the fool gave himself a death penalty by becoming a baby killer. Prison still has it's own code of ethics believe it or not.
There are times when the prison justice system works much better than ours. AS long as this idiot is convicted and sent to prison, I would rather he NOT get a death penalty. If he only gets a life sentence, maybe they will put him in general population. That would make his death sentence be carried out a whole lot quicker than if he had actually received one from the court.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:38 PM

The guys in my car club here all work for the DOC here in AZ. They have a special place for guys convicted of crimes like this. Anything having to do with a child is placed in a special "house" where they will never see gen-pop. Not sure of anyother prisons like this but this man deserves whatever comes to him. I don't know how the wife could hear this from him and NOT do something. As someone who has lost a child myself this guy needs to burn.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:41 PM

Angry

I would like to visit him for 5 minutes....

Please.............
Old 10-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by en0oNmAI
The guys in my car club here all work for the DOC here in AZ. They have a special place for guys convicted of crimes like this. Anything having to do with a child is placed in a special "house" where they will never see gen-pop.
Your probably right about him being in PC but that doesn't always guarantee safety. A good example would be Jeffrey Dahmer. PC didn't save him.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:21 PM

As James06 mentioned, the prison justice system will take care of him.

Rapists, child molesters, and child killers don't last long on the inside.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:56 PM

this is something that sickins the heart. i hope up state they punch him in the mouth until he is dead!

Quick Reply: why we need a death penalty (man kills daughter after she unplugs xbox)