The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Why and Where???

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by SmootHHR
Agreed. Loved the early-mid 90's Thunderbird's (had 2 SuperCoupe's!). Was a cool car.
I had a 1995 T-Bird LX, the fastest car that i´ve had... I miss too the "real" american muscle cars... Today everything is going "global"...
Old 09-18-2010, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by BlackknighT
Had an '84 T-Bird Turbo with a 2.3. Ran great (small amount of oil leaked past the valves after a long run and you started it the next day there was minor smoke) but the car lasted 192,000 with the original turbo & motor although went through some clutches... Ran 50's as tires and when I launched the rear there was tire hop (quad shocks in rear) the back window would break it's seal from the body of the car. Lucky for me silicon was cheap and the rear window had a metal frame holding it down from flying off. Wasn't a bad car and fun to drive.
Didn't have that problem in the SC. You either feathered the clutch right and pegged you in the seat or did a nice smokey burnout. Our first was an automatic with 3.73's and a shift kit...put it to the wood and hold on
Old 09-18-2010, 08:48 AM

American SS

http://www.sscycle.com/product/cart....duct_list&c=46

Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Mowgli
Good one, but it's S&S's X-Wedge motor, in a Harley FXR frame.

Since S&S bought out FlatHead Power* They are also putting out S&S Big Flattys, Knucks, Pans, Shovels, Evos & twinkees.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:58 PM

Talking More Crap

Well, the old HHR geezer owner is back with some more "enlightening" points!

I see GM now has the (overpriced, government/taxpayer paid for) Volt which I guess is an all-electric car but still has a gas engine!! HMMmmmmm And it only costs 41k (but with a taxpayer paid for 7.5k rebate) WOW---I am truly excited! Think I will buy one for me and my wife!

And we also have the Cruze that chevy really thinks will outsell and out perform any foreign brand. Well---we will see what happens when the new civic and corolla come out. You can have one of these "gems" starting at 17.5K; WOW!! But you better not add too many options or 24k will be more like it! Now that is truly a buy!

And where, pray tell is the coupe? well as an old geezer from the 60's I can honestly say---who the hec cares? And why not an SS version?

Well that too is coming---another wanabee 4 door with a 4 cyl. engine costing maybe 30K? Care to venture a guess?

Anyway---forgive me for ranting. I am one of those who thinks the govt. should have kept their (my and yours) money and let Ford be the raining american car dealer. I have little respect left for GM, though I keep givinbg them my money (still cannot bring myself to buy foreign).

Peace to you all!!
Old 11-15-2010, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by SmootHHR
Agreed. Loved the early-mid 90's Thunderbird's (had 2 SuperCoupe's!). Was a cool car.
I had a 1990 auto and a 1995 5sp. fun fun fun!!!