The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Worst Dealership Experience of my life!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 05:19 PM

Worst Dealership Experience of my life!

Today I went to look at an 01 CV LX sport. It was at Joe Rizza Porsche Ford Kia (chicago). Heres the story:

After E-mailing the internet sales department for over a week for info about the car we decided to make the 2+ hour trip to look a the car, with a trade in and cash in hand ready to buy. We show up, the car is not there, has been moved to another dealership when were were told it would be at this specific dealership. They suggest we wait while someone goes to pick it up. In the mean time we decide to go to lunch. We get back from lunch the car is not there (over an hour later). We decide to proceed with the preliminary paperwork until the car arrives, This is when they offered us $4000 less than trade in vlaue for our vehicle. Another hour passes, still no car. We finally get fed up and tell the salesperson that we will not give him any more information until we have seen and test driven the car. The salesmen calls his driver again and he says someone is looking at the car (even the salesmen has known this for over an our). We were VERY upset to say the least. While talking to the salesmen about what to do, the driver calls back and says the car has been sold. That is when I asked to speak to the general manager, who starts pointing the finger at everyone but himself. They actually blamed us for all of this nonsence despite the fact that their internet salesperson is who I talked to. This is a list of what they did to us.

Lied about having car ready for us when we got there
Lied about location of vehicle
lied about the current status of vehicle (told us it was on the way twice when the whole time they knew someone was looking at it)
Gave us an absoutely rediculiously low price for our trade in
Never once offered us something to drink
Never once apologized
Never once thanked us for making the trip to their dealership
Very rude during whole process

We were absoutely furious when we left. We will never again go to that dealership, or sister dealership. I have never been treated so badly in my life. I will definately think twice about going to any dealerhip in the chicago area because of how we were treated. Again this was Joe Rizza Porsche Kia Ford in Orland Park IL.

The internet sales representative was at Joe Rizza Ford Lincoln Mercury Northside (Chicago). Which I didnt find out untill later. He actually told me it was at the Orland Park dealership.

We are out $100 for the gas money for the trip up and back, one whole saturday wasted, and have lost all trust in all car dealerships.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:50 PM

There are good honest plumbers and there are bad dishonest plumbers...there are good honest lawyers and there are bad dishonest lawyers...and so on and so on.

There are good, honest dealerships and there are bad dealerships. If you lived in the greater DC area I would point you to the few honest dealerships, albeit, few.

I feel your pain...been there and I hated it. The best thing you can do is tell everyone you know about your experience. Keep to the facts, as you have, and warn all you know.

Peace,
Old 04-27-2008, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by MWG2
..there are good honest lawyers
Old 04-27-2008, 03:21 PM

I have the name of the regional rep for Ford but am having trouble finding his contact info.

I also plan to contact the BBB and write up a complaint.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:54 AM

Your 1st mistake....FORD!!
Stick to the bowtie and hopefully you should have better service! :twothumbs
Old 04-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Banned

It's a 2001 Crown Vic, so Ford is unlikely to care a whole lot about their used car sales practices. You're better off with either Carmax or a private seller at that age of vehicle.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:29 PM

Sad to hear of your bad experience. Some dealers are tools, but take heart there are more dealers that are fair. I had an absolutely great buying experience at my HHR selling dealer, due in part to the phenomenal deal they put together.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by k9t8m
We show up, the car is not there, .
Old 04-30-2008, 06:05 AM

Thankfully my dealer experience has been great so far. We'll see if it continues for warranty work!!