The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Worst half time show ever?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by ng8650
The NFL made a horrible call on this one! You mean that there was no one else willing to do the halftime besides freakin Prince When I think of the NFL, Prince is the last thing on my mind...

Ng
I was willing to do the halftime show!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 05:28 PM

I don't hate Prince, I just thought they could have done better. I liked Prince back in the day when he first came out. Little Red Corvette and 1999 were great songs, and the movie and soundtrack Purple Rain were both great. After that his music got a little strange for my taste. Then when he dropped his name for some symbol he lost me completly. My point is we need more country music in the halftime entertainment. I know some don't like it, but many more do, and IMO it is not fairly represented in the superbowl.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:32 PM

Sorry if i offened any one, but i'm usually a vary open minded person, but there are a few things i just can't accept. Price is one of those things, he's a great guitarist and all but was he serious with all along the watch towers. I just can't stand him and maybe thats because i didn't even know who he was until he went extremely weird.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by eat_world
Sorry if i offened any one, but i'm usually a vary open minded person, but there are a few things i just can't accept. Price is one of those things, he's a great guitarist and all but was he serious with all along the watch towers. I just can't stand him and maybe thats because i didn't even know who he was until he went extremely weird.
none taken. I don't care for his newer music but love the early stuff..........Purple Rain, When Doves Cry, 1999, Little Red Corvette, Raspberry Beret, etc.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by mizzouHHR
I don't hate Prince, I just thought they could have done better. I liked Prince back in the day when he first came out. Little Red Corvette and 1999 were great songs, and the movie and soundtrack Purple Rain were both great. After that his music got a little strange for my taste. Then when he dropped his name for some symbol he lost me completly. My point is we need more country music in the halftime entertainment. I know some don't like it, but many more do, and IMO it is not fairly represented in the superbowl.
Neither is Hip hop! How about a collabo? Nelly and Tim McGraw!

disclaimer: I hate that song.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:39 PM

The 80's hair metal supergroup Europe would of been fun!
Old 02-05-2007, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by teech
Neither is Hip hop! How about a collabo? Nelly and Tim McGraw!

disclaimer: I hate that song.
How about 50 Cent and Dolly Parton
Old 02-05-2007, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
How about 50 Cent and Dolly Parton
All I have to say to that is a quote from Louis Black:

"I took a spoon, and shoved it up my a**, and I did this because if I was gonna be in that much pain, I would inflict it upon myself."

Ok, it's not an exact quote, but close enough.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Banned

Hell if we're going to be like that we need a metal act. You say country needs to be more represented then what the hell about metal? There are a ton of country artists on the list but not one single heavy metal artist. At least there was one true hip-hop artist in the history of the superbowl. Slayer should grace the superbowl at least once. Or a punk act, or acid jazz, or techno.........the list could be endless. Lets face it, whoever they choose is going to be well know across all genres like a lot of the living legends or modern pop artist they use. If they use a country artist it would have to be someone in the public eye all the time or a well known living legend. I can't think of one modern country artist other than my anti pop-country heroes like Hank III or BR-549.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:19 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I can't think of one modern country artist
Carrie Underwood

Quick Reply: Worst half time show ever?