The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

XM vs Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 09:06 PM

Question XM vs Sirius

I searched but did not see anything like this.
What do you think is better sirius or xm radio? Does anyone have any complaints about the serive they use or why you think one is better than the other. Since both run about the same cost no real debate about that. We are thinking of getting one but wanted to know what others use and why?

sorry if this is posted somewhere else but all I seen was talking about installing.

Old 03-15-2006, 09:17 PM

I've subscribed to both in the past. It came down to one thing for me...NFL Radio. Not only am I an HHR fanatic but before the HHR I was an NFL fanatic. Having subscribed to XM and Sirius I believe that both offer basically the same music channel line up. As far as sports, XM carries baseball and Sirius carries NFL.

If you don't care about sports then you can't go wrong with either one. Find a receiver that fits your needs and go with that. I rarely listen to FM or CD's anymore while in my vehicle. It's great not having to listen to any commercials and not have to search for a good station when driving long distance.

Also my receiver, Sirius S50, allows me to save any song that I happen to like while listening to Sirius in my car. After I'm done driving, I take my receiver into work with me and listen to my saved song (It holds upto 50 hrs). I can also transfer Mp3's from my computer to my receiver. My 2 cents.

Ng
Old 03-15-2006, 09:18 PM

Well being a musician ,I would and do have XM ,it has much more music stations that target a specific genre, a total of 160 channels,compared to sirius 125 channels, and I also prefer not listening to that moron that just signed a major contract with them,no need to say names,everybody knows how he is . well that my 2 bucks worth.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:24 PM

I would have to say I am leaning toward sirius for the fact of the nfl also. But wanted to know what other think and why they like what they have
Old 03-15-2006, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by dbarberaz
I would have to say I am leaning toward sirius for the fact of the nfl also. But wanted to know what other think and why they like what they have
On some units, like mine, you can select your favorite team and everytime there on it will notify you.

Ng
Old 03-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Founding Member

I bought Sirius lifetime subscription. At the time of my pruchase, I did not notice if XM offered the same option.
Both have their pros-cons. The appeal to me for Sirius was the lifetime thing.
The only thing I don't care for with satilite radio is going under bridges and through tunnels etc. The sigle is lost for a brief few seconds and take a few more for the streaming buffer to 'reload' to get caught up to provide solid play again.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:46 PM

Sindydix,I agree with you ,that is the only downfall of sat radio and it always seems to happen when you are really into the tune that is playing,I almost went with Sirius because of the football broadcast,but then I decided to go with watching them in hi-def on my hdtv with sat and I also get XM broadcast for free with my sat system.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:56 PM

Yes a great topic to debate. Oh yea and good information to think about.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:26 PM

I have season tickets to my favorite team. And when there not playing at home I watch the games on my plasma. But one pro for Sirius is the NFL radio has some really good talkshows that you can't get on any other radio station or even tv. And it's on every single day!

But you have to understand that I'm a bigtime NFL fan. I have the DirecTV NFL ticket, season tickets to my home team, went to Sirius mainly for the NFL radio channel....Oh yeah I'm hooked. Once the season starts my post count will go down here and will go up on my favorite NFL forum.

Ng
Old 03-15-2006, 11:42 PM

When I was checking out XM vs Sirius last year, I tried them both out online. you can sign up for free for a short period of time on each and listen on your computer. It gave me a really good idea of what the channels were like on each of them. XM does not offer the lifetime like Sirius.

Good luck with your decision,
Becky

Quick Reply: XM vs Sirius