The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

yet another owner HHR owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 08:21 PM
jdk

yet another owner HHR owner

i have had my HHR for about 2 weeks now and love it more and more every time I drive it.I have a black LT,and have just a handfull of cosmetic upgreades that I want to do.I do kinda worry about the water coming up into the floor board,but it looks as if not many problems have occured on this issue.Mine is not doing it.I do look foward in becoming a active member on this site as well.Can some one tell me what the drivetrain warrenty covers.i also would like to know if there are any lay overs to cover the gold bowtie on the grill.I would like to find one that matches the grill.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:07 PM

WELCOME to the site. You will get plenty of answers here along with a bunch of new ideas of things to do to the HHR. I'm sure you could find an overlay from one of our vendors here or E-bay.
Again WELCOME and don't forget the pics
Old 08-20-2007, 09:12 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by jdk
i have had my HHR for about 2 weeks now and love it more and more every time I drive it.I have a black LT,and have just a handfull of cosmetic upgreades that I want to do.Can some one tell me what the drivetrain warrenty covers.i also would like to know if there are any lay overs to cover the gold bowtie on the grill.I would like to find one that matches the grill.
Name:  welcome-4.gif
Views: 27
Size:  33.6 KB

Just search ebay for vinyl overlays. Almost all of them will leave a gold outline though. Painting the bowtie is also another option.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:55 PM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 28
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!! The other option for the bowtie is to buy a square of vinyl and do it yourself to avoid the gold outline.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:10 PM

Thumbs up Welcome!!!

I didn't like the overlays I had seen, until I found this one and the gold outline doesn't bother me since the lettering also shows up in gold to match. I have actually gotten a lot of compliments on it...Whatever you decide, HAPPY MODDING!!!

Old 08-20-2007, 10:15 PM

Welcome.... I'm a newbee too and this forum is great!
Old 08-21-2007, 03:28 AM

Welcome!!!!!!!!
The mod possibilities are endless. Let your imagination take over.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:27 AM

to the forum let's mods begin
Old 08-21-2007, 10:14 AM

This is the most I could find on the warranty, it's not HHR specific but I think it will help:

5-YEAR/100,000-MILE TRANSFERABLE POWERTRAIN LIMITED
In addition to the 3-year/36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper coverage described in the Warranty Booklet, General Motors will:

Warrant each 2007 Chevy passenger car, light duty truck or van for 5 years or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first; see dealer for details) from the original in-service date of the vehicle, against warrantable repairs to the powertrain components of the vehicle. This transferable warranty features:
A $0 deductible
Is transferable to another owner at no charge
Cover repairs to correct any vehicle defect related to materials or workmanship occurring during the 5-year/100,000-mile transferable Powertrain Limited Warranty term.
The transferable Powertrain Limited Warranty is in addition to the express conditions and warranties described in the Warranty Booklet. The coverage and benefits described in the booklet under "New Vehicle Limited Warranty" are not extended or altered because of this special Powertrain Limited Warranty.
WHAT IS COVERED

Engine

Cylinder head and block
All internally lubricated parts
Manifolds
Timing gears and timing cover
Timing belt (until the first scheduled maintenance interval)
Flywheel
Oil pump/oil pump housing, water pump and fuel pump
Harmonic balancer
OHC carriers
Valve covers
Oil pan
Engine mount
Seals and gaskets
Turbocharger or supercharger
Transmission/Transaxle

Case
All internal lubricated parts
Torque converter
Transmission/transaxle mounts
Seals
Gaskets
Drive Systems

Final drive housing
All internal lubricated parts
Axle shafts and axle shaft bearings
Constant velocity joints
Wheel bearings
Supports
Front hub bearings and rear-axle hub bearings
Seals and gaskets
Universal joints
Locking hubs
Front differential actuator
Fuel Systems
Fuel pump
Fuel injectors
Throttle body
Fuel lines
Fuel rail
Turbocharger
Supercharger
Diesel injection pump
Glow plugs and control module
Towing
Towing is covered for 100,000 miles or 5 years, whichever comes first, to the nearest Chevrolet dealer if your vehicle cannot be driven because of a defect in material or workmanship. Contact the Chevrolet Roadside Assistance Center for towing. Refer to the Warranty Booklet for details.

Courtesy Transportation Program
Interim transportation may be available under the Chevrolet Courtesy Transportation Program if your vehicle requires warranty repairs. Please refer to your Owners Manual for details or consult your dealer.

WHAT IS NOT COVERED
As the vehicle owner, you are responsible for the performance of the scheduled maintenance listed in your Owner's Manual. In addition to the "What Is Not Covered" section of the Warranty Booklet, this Powertrain Limited Warranty does not cover the following items:

Powertrain wear items, such as clutch linings
Wear items, such as brake pads and shoes
Scheduled maintenance items, such as filters, coolants and fluids
Any damage caused by owner/lessee failure to follow scheduled maintenance may not be covered by warranty
Damage due to accident, misuse, alteration or contaminated or poor quality fuel
NOTE: Interim maintenance, checks, inspections, and recommended fluids and lubricants as prescribed in the Owner's Manual are necessary to keep your vehicle in good working condition.

For more information on the GM Powertrain Limited Warranty, see your Chevy dealer.

Hybrid Warranty
SILVERADO HYBRID WARRANTY INFORMATION
For vehicles sold in the United States, in addition to the Bumper-to-Bumper Coverage and all other warranties that apply, General Motors will warrant certain Hybrid components for each Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid for:

8 years/100,000 miles, whichever comes first, from the original in-service date of the vehicle, against warrantable repairs to the specific Hybrid components of the vehicle.
The Hybrid Component Warranty is in addition to the express conditions and warranties described in the Warranty Booklet.
The coverage and benefits described in the Warranty Booklet under "New Vehicle Limited Warranty" are not extended or altered because of this special Hybrid Component Warranty. For Hybrid owners requiring more comprehensive coverage than that provided under this Hybrid Component Warranty, a GM Protection Plan may be available. See your Chevrolet dealer for more details.

WHAT IS COVERED
This Hybrid Component warranty covers repairs to correct any vehicle defect related to materials or workmanship occurring during the 8-year or 100,000-mile term for the following:

All automatic transmission components, including the auxiliary transmission fluid pump assembly, flexplate assembly, electric machine rotor and stator
Electrohydraulic power steering pump and reservoir
Brake-apply system sensor on the brake pedal assembly
Starter generator control module (SGCM)
SGCM radiator and fan
SGCM coolant pump and bottle
Energy storage box and components, including batteries and control module
Hood switch
Electric power outlets
Three-phase cable assembly
Hybrid control module
Towing to the nearest Chevrolet Hybrid servicing dealer is covered if your vehicle cannot be driven because of a warranted defect. Contact the Chevrolet Roadside Assistance Center for towing. Refer to the Warranty Booklet for details.
Interim transportation may be available under the Chevrolet or GMC Courtesy Transportation program. Please consult your dealer for details.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
As the vehicle owner, you are responsible for the performance of the scheduled maintenance listed in your Owner's Manual. In addition to the "What Is Not Covered" section of the warranty booklet, this Hybrid Component Warranty does not cover the following items:

Wear items, such as brake pads and shoes
Powertrain wear items, such as clutch linings
Any damage caused by owner/lessee failure to follow scheduled maintenance may not be covered by warranty
Scheduled maintenance items, such as filters, coolants and fluids
NOTE: Interim maintenance, checks, inspections, and recommended fluids and lubricants as prescribed in the Owner's Manual are necessary to keep your vehicle in good working condition.

For more information on the Hybrid Warranty, see your Chevy dealer.

6.6L DURAMAX Diesel powertrain limited Warranty
For trucks equipped with the 6.6L Duramax Diesel engine, the complete engine assembly — including turbocharger components — is covered for 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. This warranty also features a $0 deductible and is transferable to another owner at no additional charge.

WHAT IS COVERED

Cylinder block and heads and all internal parts
Intake and exhaust manifolds
Timing gears
Timing gear chain or belt and cover
Flywheel
Harmonic balancer
Valve covers
Oil pan
Oil pump, water pump and fuel pump
Engine mounts, seals and gaskets
Diesel Fuel Metering System: injection pump, nozzles, high-pressure lines and high-pressure sealing devices
Fuel injection control module and left and right common fuel rails
For more information on the Duramax Diesel Warranty, see your Chevy dealer.

* Whichever comes first. See Dealer for details.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:49 PM
jdk

yea I think that answers my warrenty info,thanks

Quick Reply: yet another owner HHR owner