The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

You all better get your KI pills for the Japanese fallout

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 09:59 AM

Unhappy You all better get your KI pills for the Japanese fallout

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=13120888

Most of us are downwind of it.

It has been proven that people indigenous to the areas around nuclear sites and following nuclear events has been given Potassium Iodide pills. Just research it for yourself.

These pills fill your thyroid gland with non-reactive Iodine. This way it is less likely to absorb radioactive Iodine (which is what is released as fallout in a nuclear event). Think of your thyroid gland as a sponge, and the holes want to fill with Iodine...it will bond with any type of Iodine, you would just rather it be a non-reactive variant.

If you live near a nuclear plant, you may have been given a packet of KI. These are not for show. I recommend each family at least have 4 packets on hand.

I don't mean to sound like an aluminum foil hat wearing lunatic, but these dangers are real, and it is better to prepare and not need, than to have not prepared at all.

I just find it weird that after these events, all of these "don't freak out, its nothing" articles start to appear.

Like this one. Check the create and edit dates at the bottom. I don't buy it.

http://www.endocrineweb.com/news/pap...d-cancer-chern

Regards.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:10 AM

What me worry?
Old 03-12-2011, 10:14 AM

LOL. Come on... you have to at least have it at the back of your mind.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by nacademus
LOL. Come on... you have to at least have it at the back of your mind.
There is nothing you can do about it, so try and have a nice day while you can.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Deceased

Well the prevailing winds run towards China, so whatever reaches us will be widely dispersed and not much above background levels. What I think is that we're not getting the whole story about the amount of radiation released and the condition of the core itself, probably because those on sight don't really know themselves.

I'll reserve judgment on whether to be really concerned once the situation is better understood, no reason to panic/make foil hats/hide in the root cellar/run into the streets screaming "Repent Sinners", or anything else right now.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:55 PM

I hope there isn't a disaster and we can learn a bit of a lesson from this.... No nuclear power plants in earthquake zones. I am no expert in the area, but it sure seems like a no-brainer to me...
Old 03-14-2011, 01:25 PM

I wish more people were aware of what is actually going on here and its consequences... everyone I talk to just sloughs me off as a nut.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by nacademus

I wish more people were aware of what is actually going on here and its consequences... everyone I talk to just sloughs me off as a nut.
You do state you are from Mars right .....

Peace .....
Old 03-14-2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by 843de
Well the prevailing winds run towards China, so whatever reaches us will be widely dispersed and not much above background levels. What I think is that we're not getting the whole story about the amount of radiation released and the condition of the core itself, probably because those on sight don't really know themselves.

I'll reserve judgment on whether to be really concerned once the situation is better understood, no reason to panic/make foil hats/hide in the root cellar/run into the streets screaming "Repent Sinners", or anything else right now.
Saw a chart map on my internet news page earlier this AM that showed the radiation in a curving pattern up toward the gulf of Alaska then down the Pacific Coast, spreading out and getting larger the further it went, but lowering in intensity as well (makes sense). Totally the opposite of what you're saying. Interestingly, I can't find that map now.....
Old 03-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Deceased

I was going by the one shown by the Atomic Energy Admin on the news when the reactors first started to have issues, I guess its up to interpretation depending on who you listen to. Regardless the situation over there is going from bad to worse, and I think we're only getting the half of it right now because the people over there are still a beat behind whats really going on.

Quick Reply: You all better get your KI pills for the Japanese fallout