The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

a young owner's view...

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:00 PM

a young owner's view...

i wanna say that i am a proud hhr owner and even though i'm 21, a great majority of my age group ask me what i see in the hhr while they buy their subarus and hondas. well i guess it isn't for everyone but it reminds my of the street rod i grew up with. now there is nothing in the world better sounding than a blown 350 (that's a very popular chevy v8 for you non hot rodders) starting up and peeling off. hey i got a four banger but with gas prices these days...it'll do. and i wanna say to the hhr owners on this site...thanks for not putting tacky things on your hhr's such as wal-mart hub caps and crap hanging all around in side and out of the car. i'll be driving my hhr for awhile until i get my 1932 ford hiboy or 1968 ford mustang cobra jet.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:52 PM

I'm 21 also, but I did want a Subaru...until they changed the design.

I really like my HHR now that I've had it for a few months. I'm still itching for a sports car though...
Old 01-02-2008, 09:21 PM

I'm, um, a little older (almost 3x your age) and glad you kids (some day you'll wish someone would call you a kid again), like the looks of the HHR. Reminds me of the older days I guess. Just can't tell most of these new cars apart, now the old cars you could tell what they were a mile away, and you could aways tell by the sound of the exhaust what some of them had under the hood.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by DANSHHR
i wanna say that i am a proud hhr owner and even though i'm 21, a great majority of my age group ask me what i see in the hhr while they buy their subarus and hondas. well i guess it isn't for everyone but it reminds my of the street rod i grew up with. now there is nothing in the world better sounding than a blown 350 (that's a very popular chevy v8 for you non hot rodders) starting up and peeling off. hey i got a four banger but with gas prices these days...it'll do. and i wanna say to the hhr owners on this site...thanks for not putting tacky things on your hhr's such as wal-mart hub caps and crap hanging all around in side and out of the car. i'll be driving my hhr for awhile until i get my 1932 ford hiboy or 1968 ford mustang cobra jet.
I think I got mine for about the same reason you did. I am older, but got it for the street rod looks. But also love the gas milage. like an08hhr, I am in the older crowd. But hey, anyone who likes a 68 Stang. My first car was a '67 mustang 289HP 4speed. (4speed was rare) blew the engine and junked it, now wish I had it again but only for the occaisional drive.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:52 PM

Yeah I'm 22 and a lot of my friends had the same reaction... until they got in and felt how it drives. Then they started to understand.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:31 AM

I am also 21, I got my HHR last year and my friends were the exact same way. Drove me crazy but I love my car and everything about it.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:37 AM

I'm 73 and bought mine for the retro look. When I was 21 the guys my age wouldn't have been caught dead in a Honda or Subaru or any thing like it. I still feel that way.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Banned

I'm 28, and when I bought my car I was 26. It was still a new, fresh design then and most of my friends really liked the car when I showed it to them. Especially how quiet the engine is, the capability of the interior, and just the overall styling. The HHR really doesn't need anything added to it to improve the clean design and I think that's what really drew me to the car.

Besides, no one looks twice at a Honda or Subaru anymore...even with the six-foot-tall spoiler and fart-can exhaust.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:51 AM

I'm somewhere in between the ages here. Having owned many types of vehicles, I can say that sports cars are great to own... but only on the side, next to a cruiser like an HHR :)
Originally Posted by an08HHR
Just can't tell most of these new cars apart
Funny you mention that - I once owned a very, very expensive car that was consistently mistaken for a Toyota Camry

No mistaking the HHR
Old 01-03-2008, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by wingfeather
No mistaking the HHR

Funny mine gets mistaken for a PT, all the time, humm!!!

Quick Reply: a young owner's view...