The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

a young owner's view...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 09:41 AM

I bought my HHR when I was 22 and my friends still give me a hard time for driving an HHR. They just don't think it's a very cool car. It does the job for me currently. My friends do like to call my ride the hearse.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:27 AM

"If you have to explain, they just will not understand!"

BTW: I am a middle-aged(HA!), owner, and also like the retro/street rod'ish potential & looks, along with good MPG, smaller SUV room, and it is a CHEVY!!!

Great for throwing all my cycling stuff in for events, etc....

Later,
MArk
Old 01-03-2008, 12:50 PM

I still don't understand the people in my area. They look at you like you farted at their wedding if you don't by a Honda or Toyota or Subaru I don't get it?

This is especially true of the younger crowd, but I get it from all age groups and I deal with the public a lot! Some of them even drive small light trucks and leave the rear gate down to reduce drag which makes it lighter and handle worse. They think they are cool, saving gas, I think they are fools driving dangerously.
People just do stupid things and scowl and disapprove of us buying American cars.
End of rant,.sort of....

I'll admit I recently bought a Honda Minivan, but that's because GM and Ford has stopped building them. I had a lot of Issues with my Chrysler one, so I went Foreign. People applauded my wisdom because it will "never give me trouble."..Oh yeah, it did, same as any car. Nothing's immune.

I love out HHR it has styling that I can actually find in the parking lot!
And with all of us modding ours, there is no cookie cutter look to a lot of them. So I guess we can swim in the sea of boring looking foreign cars and smile