Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

AC/Heat Circulation light

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member

Hmmm. Since I was the 1st one to suggest that the OP "check the Owners Manual", should I feel the most offended ? Was the OP talking about me ? Personally, I don't care. He's not coming back I guess.
I will however keep suggesting to others to "check the Owners Manual" when needed. There is some really GOOD info and answers in there.
Old 01-18-2022, 08:02 PM
Premium Member

But what if I didn't come with an owners manual.
Guess I'll just keep winging it.

This is fun.
Almost like when I'm in a fog.
Old 01-19-2022, 07:54 AM

I run into this situation a lot on another forum I run.People think they are entitled to having their questions answered the way they want them answered.I guess they think people get paid to help them.While Don is not the picture of patience he is a wealth of knowledge and has helped countless people.I for one am grateful he devotes his precious time here.People also fail to understand that their experience helps others who may run into the same problem..Help me but I am not telling you the solution I found.Talk about selfish.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Ours is not to reason why, just answer their questions and make sure it’s what they want to read!
if it’s about an engine code, sure we can say , up there’s the problem, you need a new ECM ! Cause that’s what telling you the problem, when in reality the part or sensor is just telling the computer there’s a problem with the timing chain , for instance.
I see many times , folks come back with, I had that checked it’s not the problem.
We have decades of experience with the members on the site, I’ve been wrenching since 1962, 60 years, all kinds of vehicles, was tied top of my automotive class in high school, competed in a Chrysler Canada diagnostic competition in 1972, drag races, dirt tracked, go karts, like many of us. But I didn’t take a course in teaching, so I’m sure some of my answers don’t seem relevant. I know what I know and am what I am, not Popeye the Sailor man.
these trucklets are a great vehicle to personalize, replacing parts is fairly easy, they seem to last a long time, are comfortable to drive and roomy for the luggage for long trips!
Florida, Cape Cod, Detroit, Cleveland all good trips.
So, if I answer your question with the words I type, please check them out, I’m trying to help you out!
If my answer covers something you already tried, ask yourself, did I tell them I already tried that?
Old 01-20-2022, 11:49 AM

I don't take the whiners seriously. I once posted on facebook a step by step procedure to diagnose a problem someone was having, and got called a dick for not just giving him the answer. Meh.
Old 01-20-2022, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Thanks, but I believe we should keep our answers simple and to the point . Questions get asked, sometimes in the wrong category or thread, seem out of context, my job is to decipher these and answer the questions, if I can’t send a PM.
yes, it’s frustrating, post an answer, and trigger a nasty response, but that’s the internet, full of surprises.