Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

Best wax

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 08:31 AM

Zaino is awesome. I used to use it on my firebird, and in between I would use the Eagle One dry N wax.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:03 AM

SIRE makes a good point...claybar.
you will get better results if you start with a clean slate. Just be sure to use it properly.

I also use Eaglae One "wax as u dry" at every wash...it speeds up the drying time, and leaves a nice water-beading finish. Safe on wheels, chrome, glass, rubber, and acrylic.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Smoke Wagon
SIRE makes a good point...claybar.
you will get better results if you start with a clean slate. Just be sure to use it properly.

I also use Eaglae One "wax as u dry" at every wash...it speeds up the drying time, and leaves a nice water-beading finish. Safe on wheels, chrome, glass, rubber, and acrylic.
If your going to use anything like a quick detailer between washes make sure that it says "body shop safe" or something like that. You don't ever want to think your going to be in a wreak, but you don't want the fact that you keep it clean to ruin a good paint job.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by SIRESMERPH
a good wash, some clay, and hit it with a good wax of your choice, and your good to go
My son started using a clay bar on his Dodge Ram. Boy.....what a difference in the smoothness of the finish.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:28 PM

The best advice I've ever heard on wax is from a Meguires class I took.

Find something you like, and use it often.

I've been fond of machine applying Meg's NXT tech wax using a dual action polisher.

I clay once a year and wax 4 times a year on both cars.

I've seen many a zaino car that looked wonderful, but they spent a lot more time on it than I ever do so I've kept that option as "when I become independantly wealthy" :)

I've also heard that Griot's Garage best of show wax is very good.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:45 PM

I've used Zymol with good results(my hhr is black) I still wish they made Classic car wax which I think was the best. So called "paint Protection" from the dealer is just extra profit for them...
Old 02-04-2008, 02:51 PM

I just need someone to do it for me. Any takers?
Old 02-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Uma

Well, I would say that I agree with everyone!! well almost, I do not like the "syn waxes" like Ice and Nxt, because they are not wax. I do use both of them however, just for the shine, but I always use a cleaner wax before using them. I do not wash my car often, I use a duster everyday, and wax with something usually once a week. I know most people cannot do this. So if you only do it every couple of months and do not want to buy ten different waxes...I go with FIREWATCHER, Good ole' Maguires cleaner wax in the red bottle. If you do not wax often, then a cleaner wax by any brand is what you want...it will take some of the swirls out as well as put a nice shine on the car. I use Zymol cleaner wax too, it is a little better, but more work. Maguires "Gold Class" is great also, but does not take out the swirls like a cleaner wax. I could go on all day on this subject, But I would just suggest using any real wax as often as you can. Todd (Uma)
Old 02-04-2008, 09:06 PM

I usually stick with the German engineered Zymol detailing brand and cleaner wax. The Zymol is a set of exclusive handcrafted waxes (Not polish) 100% natural with very high carnauba content.

I really like the results and it seems to go and come off easy. One thing I cannot stand are the waxes that leave major powdery residue when buffing them out.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by tireman1554
I just need someone to do it for me. Any takers?
Sure..........ship it up here UPS and I'll have it back to you by.....July4th okay?