Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

Best wax

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 11:12 PM

zaino. /discussion

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...Q&Store_Code=Z
Old 02-04-2008, 11:30 PM

This stuff is AMAZING!!

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...ight=clearkote

Old 02-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Banned

ZAINO

3 coats

Old 02-05-2008, 12:52 AM

WOW!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:02 PM

Turtlewax Ice

Ok, so both my boyfriend and I worked at Advanced Auto Parts for 7 years, so we basically got to sample just about every wax there is. We were always partial to Meguiers. Well, since we have been out of that business for a few years now, we havent really kept up on all the new waxes. UNTIL we decided to give Turtlewax ICE... THIS IS THE BEST WAX!!! It goes on clear and comes off with the greatest of ease. The best part about it is that you can even wax the car in direct sunlight. The wax is clear, and you can also use it on all the black trim around the windows, without having to worry about the white residue that the other waxes leave behind. The only drawback is that it is clear and doesnt dry to a haze, so its kinda hard to tell where you have waxed and where you havent. But if you are as meticulous as my boyfriend and I, you'll never miss a spot.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:15 PM

Kingfrog... my GOD! I swore that was a chrome paint job at first glance... hell second and third glance too!
Old 04-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Founding Member

Kingfrog I had to stare for 2 minutes before I figured out that was a hood. WOW!
Old 04-18-2008, 08:49 PM

Zaino Shmaino

WAAAAAAAY overrated. Good wash, clay bar, and a PURE carnauba paste wax. I'll put it up against the "40 step process Zaino" any day of the week!! As a matter of fact when I had my GTO I did!! I won EVERY time. I've been detailing cars for 20 years so I'm speaking from experience. NOTHING will give you the depth of shine like a GOOD carnauba paste wax. Not a cleaner wax (clean and prep the paint first), not a synthetic, but a good, white as possible, carnauba paste wax. I went thru the same Zaino (must be some sort of cult) discussions on the GTO site. It does work but too many steps with less than carnauba results. I use One Grand paste wax but, as mentioned in previous posts, any QUALITY paste wax will do. As and as far as cleaners or swirl removers, 3M or Meguires all the way. If you still want to drop the $$$ and waste the time on Zaino...go for it!! Just my opinion of course...

goatcheez
Old 04-18-2008, 09:21 PM

Durability is more important to me that the clearest shine. REJEX beads water from September through March through a snow and salt midwest winter. And shines as well or better than other products mentioned here. Twice a year is all you need, if that. This on an HHR that works for a living (work commuter & grocery getter; all weather operation-- no garage queen here...)
Old 04-18-2008, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by goatcheez
WAAAAAAAY overrated. Good wash, clay bar, and a PURE carnauba paste wax. I'll put it up against the "40 step process Zaino" any day of the week!! As a matter of fact when I had my GTO I did!! I won EVERY time. I've been detailing cars for 20 years so I'm speaking from experience. NOTHING will give you the depth of shine like a GOOD carnauba paste wax. Not a cleaner wax (clean and prep the paint first), not a synthetic, but a good, white as possible, carnauba paste wax. I went thru the same Zaino (must be some sort of cult) discussions on the GTO site. It does work but too many steps with less than carnauba results. I use One Grand paste wax but, as mentioned in previous posts, any QUALITY paste wax will do. As and as far as cleaners or swirl removers, 3M or Meguires all the way. If you still want to drop the $$$ and waste the time on Zaino...go for it!! Just my opinion of course...

goatcheez
which cleaner do you use?