Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

Bosch ICON Front Replacement Blades Any Good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 01:01 PM

Question Bosch ICON Front Replacement Blades Any Good?

Ok, so I'm pretty sure the front wiper blades on my 2010 HHR base model are done, they might even be the factory blades? I'm in the Akron, Ohio area and we're getting nailed with snow and I'm going to go to Advance Auto Parts and am thinking about getting the Bosch ICON Beam Wiper Blades, looks like they're 18" for driver & passenger side. On Advance Auto Parts website they're $5 off a blade so for the pair $27.98 before tax and looks like they're in stock at the store.

Wanting to know if any other HHR owners have or currently use the Bosch ICON wiper blades and how well do they do in Snow/Ice and overall, etc Thanks!!
Old 01-02-2014, 05:12 PM

NO, the brand my grandfather used is unequivocally the best and nobody will ever convince me any different!

My brand is red hot, your brand is doodley squat.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:46 AM

I haven't noticed much difference between any of the major brands' beam blades.

I buy my beam blades from Rock Auto for all our vehicles (5). They sell Trico beam blades (Neoform) that have been rebranded (last set was labelled NAPA) that they must have bought at some closeout. The blades were only $3.82 each (even for the 28" blades for our Caravan). Even after paying $8 for shipping (for the whole order) it was a good deal. They also arrived in about 2 days. If you use the discount code it's another 5% off the order.

Steve
Old 01-03-2014, 09:21 AM
Administrator

I'm on the Donbrew bandwagon, Trico blades have been excellent over the past 44 years I've been using them and the years my Dad used them on his cars!
Old 01-04-2014, 10:14 AM

DO NOT use the Rain-X latitude wipers,they faded and turned grayish white on me even after trying to bring them back with Mother's Back to Black. Even tried an old detailers trick by using olive oil.Plus they didn't last to long as far as doing a decent job without streaking badly. E-mailed Rain-X about this and never heard anything from them.At $18.00 per blade you would expect to last longer than 3 months. I still use the Rain-X spray on my windshield, it works good,the wipers not so good. Been using the Michelin wipers with good results,we don't have snow but we get a lot of very heavy rain off the Gulf of Mexico and they work good.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:22 AM
Premium Member

I have a set f the bosch on the bmw...they work great still, five years old now.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:05 PM

I just bought the Bosch Icon blades on Saturday. They work better than ANY other blade I have tried on the HHR. Even the OEM blades I bought last time were either leaving streaks or squeaking. But the Icons say they are made especially to the curve of your windshield and have a 'A' for the Driver's side and a 'B' for the Passenger's side. And so far they have delivered. I even came here tonight just to sing their praises, but I searched first and found this thread. More expensive but worth it to me.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:02 AM

Bosch Icon for me. Been driving over 50 years and I've tried most of the other brands on the market at one time or another but the Icons seem to work best. They mostly all work well at first but the Bosch Icons seem to give the best service for the longest time. My current set has been on my 2009 for about 2years...no streaking, no drag noise, I'm happy with them. I'm sure other people have other preferences but this is just my 2 cents.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:38 AM

over the years, have found out that no matter which blades that you decide to use, doing the windshield with RAIN-X makes a huge difference in blade performance................take your time doing the RAIN-X. i do a double glass treatment every few months and i've never had any streaking, etc....
Old 01-28-2014, 09:12 AM

I have never found any wiper blade to last more than six months. All start to streak when wiping. I use Rain-X on the windshield so the water beads off. Of course the sun on the wiper blades in Florida beats them up even though the cars are stored in the garage.

Quick Reply: Bosch ICON Front Replacement Blades Any Good?