Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

Free Oil Change FTW!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
I got my service agreement for free do to Chevy couldn't fix an issue I was having with my SS so yes mine are actually free...the Issue with the boost gauge flickering. Now I'm having the tire pressure issue on the right rear
Does the oil change message have to be on? What are there rules as to how often the service can be performed? Does it include tire rotations? Is it from GMPP? Didn't the debate suck last night? Oops, got carried away.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:02 PM

I dont know I just resolved my Issuses w/GM over that issue I just got mine in the mail and got 48% left on the meter so I'll find out soon enough
Old 10-08-2008, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
When you say "free" oil change, do you mean you "purchased" a maintenance contract and "paid" for the oil changes in your contract? Or do you mean "free" oil change and you paid nothing for them at the time of signing the contract?
Nope. 100% free. Any car they sell has it built in, now maybe in some cases the price of the car is higher because of it, but not in my case. They had an 08 SS 5sp on the lot today and they are asking $28k for it. I paid over $3k less for mine.

100% free 5 times a year.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by esmarkey
p.s. I love your NoBama sign, I copied it and have been passing it around. Hope you don't mind.
Heck yeah! Take it and pass it around to everyone!
Old 10-08-2008, 06:40 PM

what spots on the chassis should be lubed?
Old 10-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by saltyfishguy
I knew someone would catch that.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by saltyfishguy
Shoot. You beat me to it. I've called my dealership on stuff like this many times. "Hey! Look at all we did for you!" Well, fine, but half that stuff doesn't apply to my vehicle.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:37 PM

my free oil changes where included in the deal i made......free oil changes for 3 years.......i paid nothing.........noda...........Zelch....zero.....

every 3000 go in get oil,filter, and all the fluids, check air.. wear.....etc... and a check off sheet..
Old 10-09-2008, 01:28 AM
Platinum Member

If your dealer indicated they lubed the chassis, I would be highly suspect to the rest of the services they SAID they performed.

Sounds to me like it's an "automatic....check the sheet" kind of thing.

Mentioning that.....were you supplied a service sheet listing all these services? When my dealer performs them, the brake lining field is filled with a measured thickness of the lining and an estimated mileage of existing use (front and back). They would need to remove the wheels to inspect and perform the job properly. No mention of assuring torque of lug nuts.

Did they measure the voltage or output of the power steering?

How did they check the BELTS??

ChevySS....you seem like a bright guy, but you were sold (even it it was free) a bill of goods. IMO.....but at least the oil change was free.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
If your dealer indicated they lubed the chassis, I would be highly suspect to the rest of the services they SAID they performed.

Sounds to me like it's an "automatic....check the sheet" kind of thing.

Mentioning that.....were you supplied a service sheet listing all these services? When my dealer performs them, the brake lining field is filled with a measured thickness of the lining and an estimated mileage of existing use (front and back). They would need to remove the wheels to inspect and perform the job properly. No mention of assuring torque of lug nuts.

Did they measure the voltage or output of the power steering?

How did they check the BELTS??

ChevySS....you seem like a bright guy, but you were sold (even it it was free) a bill of goods. IMO.....but at least the oil change was free.
Oh heck, I am the first to admit that it's probably a standard issue check list. Honestly the car has been off the assembly line for maybe 8 months. If there was an issue with anything they "checked" it would straight back to them. None of that should even be a problem at this point. Frankly I don't care if they did or did not perform the inspections. I can find out very easily by asking the shop forman. Just so happens my dad knows him well and can get a no BS answer. I could also double check their findings and see if the measurements are accurate or not. Chances are it's just a visual inspection of about .002 seconds on each item on the list. I am the type of person who will take someone's word. If they say they did this inspection, I'll believe it. But be careful what you say. If I had an issue with ANYTHING they say the checked, this would just be more ammo to use against them and give me the upper hand. Just making sure I'm the one on top