Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

looking for good scanner obdII with abs diag also

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 09:38 PM

looking for good scanner obdII with abs diag also

looking for a decent code,scanner for my hhr's 07 2.4 and my 08 hhr ss, my standard code reader cannot diagnose abs codes aka wheel bearings aka speed sensors, couple out there like innova 3160b. shows cobalt listing but not hhr in there site. actron cp9580l but cant verify it will work anybody have either of theses and are u having good luck with them???
Old 09-05-2012, 02:53 PM

Anthony,
You have to spend a bit more cash to do what you want to do. I had issues with my HHR and other vehicles that belonged to friends that the cheap scanners could not help me with.
I ended up purchasing the package from Autoenginuity with the GM add-on for every single sensor and module GM has. I can tell you it is first rate, and I used to use the GM Tech II. (I hear the Tech 2's do not support model year vehicles 2007 and after - unless you have the candi module.)
Autoenginuity must have have the candi software built in.

The beauty of Autoenginuity is that it is laptop PC computer based and you can configure it to see the data stream from many sensors at once, or just one or two.

It also lets you record data while you are driving down the road or parked in your garage. You can replay the recording so you can observe each sensor and fuel mixture etc. This allows you to scrutinize data you might have otherwise missed.

No, I am not employed by Autoenginuity, nor do I sell them or see any money coming my way for promoting them. That said, this was a reply to help you in your quest.

Of course if you are not a car techie, you might be better off taking it to someone who understands diagnostics and knows what they are doing.

Good luck to you!