Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

Need info for gmpp filter

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 09:18 PM

Need info for gmpp filter

How do you clean it? Does anybody have the replacement part #?
Old 08-11-2010, 12:01 PM

I carefully used an air compressor with an air nozzle.

There is a part number for just the filter. It is 19159207. However, I have a backorder on that part for what seems like an eternity. I believe part of the GM bankruptcy involved the GMPP division going away (correct me if I'm wrong). As such, if there are not any GMPP parts left, we won't be getting any.

Last edited by briand; 08-11-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: schpelling
Old 08-11-2010, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by briand
I carefully used an air compressor with an air nozzle.

There is a part number for just the filter. It is 19159207. However, I have a backorder on that part for what seems like an eternity. I believe part of the GM bankruptcy involved the GMPP division going away (correct me if I'm worng). As such, if there are not any GMPP parts left, we won't be getting any.
Don't feel bad. There are a lot of very common parts on national backorder with GM these days. Mostly due to them not paying their bills to suppliers who are then reluctant to supply parts. On top of that, GM does not want to invest in parts inventory, nor do dealers. Such are the times.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Platinum Member

The filter to my GMPP is a polyester/plastic type material. I was told, when I was a test mule for the product, to rinse with a light soapy water solution...air dry THOROUGHLY (I guess you could use an air compressor, carefully) ...and re install.

Maybe you have a different filter material.

Edit: forgot to say, the filter is around $45.00 retail. A fast Goggle search indiates a couple of supplies carry it. They have "800" numbers to call for confirmation of stock.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:09 PM

Thanks for the replies. I have not opened it up since I installed it. I just wanted to know how to clean it when I do before too long. Do you mean soapy as a light amount if dawn soap, or do you suggest something different? Thanks again, it's been awhile since I have been on here and I was wondering if this place was still friendly or not. Good to pick your brains again..Guy
Old 08-11-2010, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by JoeR
Mostly due to them not paying their bills to suppliers who are then reluctant to supply parts. On top of that, GM does not want to invest in parts inventory, nor do dealers. Such are the times.
Its unfortunate that GM seemingly "forgot" their suppliers were trying to run a successful business.

As far as investing in parts inventory, I can attest to the fact that a lot of dealers that I will physically walk into have been added to the list that will not accept parts returns. The one closest to me would not give me a refund even though they gave me the wrong part.

I still have all of my fingers crossed that the GMPP air filter will one day soon arrive at my door. :)