Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

OBD ll Scanner ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 03:52 PM
Administrator

What? You didn’t just crank up the music?
I must admit it is much quieter without the TV full blast .
I have Tinnitus, no hearing aids are going to help with that!
Yes, I’ve tried those YouTube video techniques, they don’t resolve my issue.
I really don’t understand the cost of hearing aids, TV’s and other electronic devices aren’t as expensive, some are as much as a good used HHR and that’s just one!
Old 12-01-2021, 02:10 PM

Someone recently gave me a FIXD dongle so I did some googling, even tho I already had an OBDLink LX.

Seems worthwhile spend a few extra bucks and to be sure to get a real ELM327 chip. Apparently the cheapie clone chips are imperfectly reverse engineered from an obsolete version, and are reputed to be slow and to freeze, or not work at all with some apps. (The FIXD dongle seems to have the good ELM327, and while it sucks with the provided app, is said to work with better apps. I haven’t a good enough reason try it yet.)

I recently discovered, trying to diagnose a Stabiltrac warning light on my Buick, that neither of the free apps I was using with my OBDLink LX dongle will read C codes. So now I wonder what the best (probably not free) app is best for that.
Old 12-06-2021, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
What? You didn’t just crank up the music?
I must admit it is much quieter without the TV full blast .
I have Tinnitus, no hearing aids are going to help with that!
Yes, I’ve tried those YouTube video techniques, they don’t resolve my issue.
I really don’t understand the cost of hearing aids, TV’s and other electronic devices aren’t as expensive, some are as much as a good used HHR and that’s just one!
Steve my hearing aids are supposed to help with Tinnitus > I do not have the issue but a buddy does and his hearing aids help with his Tinnitus.
But yea nice to not have the TV blasting and not saying what when people are talking to me lol Now I can hear what they call me lol and I think I heard my bird fart lol